PDA

View Full Version : Recording from my speakers

imaschiz
07-05-2007, 03:04 AM
OK, newb alert here, just humour me.... With my AC'97, I had "Stereo Mix" option which would record anything I was listening to in my speakers.

But now I have M-Audio 2496 soundcard, how do I do it? I can't figure it out?

I've been experimenting with a CD plopped in my drive, and playing it, and trying to record it as it plays. How do I do it?

Thanks!

Staccato
07-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Loopback, from your main soundcard outputs into your selected sound card inputs, it will only work if your soundcard's software mixer supports it.

Rann
07-05-2007, 03:47 PM
I've got a 24/96 as well so I can sympathize with your plight.

Start out by going to the M-Audio control panel (There should be an icon in the system tray) and making sure the mixer is active - In the M-Audio control panel, click on the tab that is marked "Patchbay / Router" and make sure the Monitor Mixer radio buttons are selected. Close the panel.

Open reaper and press Control-P to get to the options/Prefs window, In the Audio driver window, make sure that the "Enable input range" button is selected. Then You Close the prefs window and set the up the track to record like the screenie , Assuming you are using asio.

It's not the most elegant solution, I'm sure there are extra steps in this that aren't absolutely necessary, but it works. That's all I'm after right now. :)

http://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/27/27379_Streaming%20Audio%20Recorder.PNG

I posted the track template too.

Hope it helps

r

imaschiz
07-10-2007, 02:43 AM
OK, sorry for my delay!

Yay Rann! I finally got it working. I was already doing everything you suggested, it seemed, but I had to change Options/Preferences/Audio Device/Enable Input to "Mixer In".

Doh!

Thanks!

(Man I need to reread that M-Audio manual I think, it's confusing lol).

Rann
07-10-2007, 04:29 PM
I only figured it out by a long process of elimination, I still don't understand the manual. I'm glad to hear you got it working. :)

peace,
r