PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Midi Tracks in Mixer

Alex Stone
07-11-2007, 04:38 AM
Hello All, I'm Alex, and i'm here trying out Reaper as a direct result of interest and appoving comments from fellow composers elsewhere.

I'm working my way slowly through the familiarity process, and things look pretty good so far. Having done the rounds of Cubase/Logic/Cakewalk/DP/etc over many years, with mixed, often frustrating results, i currently work in a couple of ways incorporating 3 different programs. I'm a full timer, so my interest is the potential commercial application.

A couple of questions at this stage.

Can i hide Midi tracks i don't need to see in the mixer?
I'm currently building a template that has over 190 Tracks to show all my articulations, etc.. but i don't want to see them all in the mixer, or at least, have a choice if i want to see them or not.

So far i've succesfully loaded 10 Multi VST instances with most of my orchestral template, and so far so good. The CPU count is half that in my other DAW, and the computer (s) are behaving themselves. So this bit i'm rather impressed with, as i'm getting tired of feeding a farm's worth of electronic pigs and ducks, with the resulting unpredictability. (I write to full score on manuscript or notation program, then 'perform' into the DAW) I have to say it took me half the time to build the template so far compared to the other DAW, and everything seems pretty well under the fingertips, at least for my workflow.

Is there any intention on the part of the developers to expand the midi capability along the notation path?

Alex.

p.s. Also thoroughly impressed with the update cycle. Makes a big change for us middle aged farts, been around the block types, to have to log in regularly, just to keep up!

BoksteR
07-11-2007, 04:53 AM
you can "hide" a channel in the mixer by rightclicking on the channel and unchek the "Show Selected Tracks in Mixer"

more nfo - http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10923

Alex Stone
07-11-2007, 05:01 AM
Hehe, it's all too easy.

Thanks Bokster.