PDA

View Full Version : numetalish song, made with REAPER

zed32
07-16-2007, 02:34 AM
hey everyone, i just finished tracking and mixing a song with REAPER (and a buncha free VST plugins) and i thought i'd share with you guys here. i already posted it over at the homerecording.com forum, but i figure i'd post it here too for good measure.

half-way thru the mixing, i downloaded LOSER's VST plugin bundle, and hot damn, that Digital Versatile Compressor is awesome! i used it here and there, and it takes hardly any CPU resources. i also used the SPL limiter (among other things) on the master. great stuff. i think i'll be using the DVC a lot more on upcoming projects.

i've kinda always been embarrassed about my singing, so this is the first time i've ever let anyone i know hear me sing, or post my singing on the internet. my voice is pretty pitchy, so i drenched it with FX to try and cover it up, haha. anyway here's the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5556674&q=hi

i tried to get a pretty good sound out of it, and spent more effort on the mixdown and what not than i did on actually making the song itself, haha. so hopefully it doesn't sound like a complete ripoff of a song that's already out there. i know my influences will probably be way obvious to anyone who hears this.

anyway, thanks for checking it out. i have a few more songs coming up hopefully real soon, so if you like this one, there's more where that came from. oh, and REAPER rocks my world.

eightnine
07-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Don't be shy, make your voice louder, don't cover it up!
It's really good, in tune and perfect for this genre.

And man, can you scream ;)
Kudos for the song, I enjoyed it a lot.

zed32
07-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Don't be shy, make your voice louder, don't cover it up!
It's really good, in tune and perfect for this genre.

And man, can you scream ;)
Kudos for the song, I enjoyed it a lot.

ok, since you're about the 15th person to tell me to turn up the vox, i think i might do a re-mix with a little more up-front vocals. but then i might wanna re-track a couple parts too. i'll post in here if i make an update.

thanks for listening, i appreciate it.

LOSER
07-16-2007, 04:55 AM
That sounds nice, clean and clear. Although the vocals could indeed be a tad louder :).

P.S. Thank you for using my plug-ins :D.