PDA

View Full Version : Hardware USB help!

BillT
12-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Not really Reaper specific but...
i5 Pc, Win7, 16gb ram Reaper, Reason, Guitar Rig 5.

Really having a problem getting my Samson Carbon 49 USB keyboard to connect now. In an effort to kill some DAW noises, I disabled most of the USB Ports per some suggestions from others. Found out it was mostly a lack of ram killing the page file. So, re-enabled all the ports. They all work fine. But now my Samson Carbon 49 USB keyboard stopped working. I plug it in any usb port and under Device Manager, Sound, video, and game controllers - DTMB BDA TV USB shows up but with the device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10)
So Reason can't see the control surface anymore.

I've tried updating drivers (says they're not needed), different USB ports, posted a message on Gearslutz forum for help. No one (not even Google) knows why this is. I've sent two emails to Samson with no response. Anyone here run across this issue? Maybe just trash it for the M-Audio 49 instead? I'm really stuck here... Thanks in advance.

--
Bill

danfuerth
12-30-2012, 11:55 PM
When ever I get those messages at my store it's the dreaded message I have seen it a lot .

Usually when USB jump drives are dying or their controller got jolted it is the death message.

However since this is a different device and much bigger You have to do a couple of tests ( simple tests)

First thing is to open up device manager and keep that window open
also open up control panel "devices and printers"

keep those 2 windows in yoru sight.

Now check how many ports you have in your system? 2-4- 6?

Suggest to go one by one with that device.

plug it into a usb port ( listen for any noises for windows devices, windows makes the thump thump when a usb device is plugged in.

Look on those screens "devices and printers" does the device appear and disappear quickly? ( bad controller sign)

Have you uninstalled any drivers for that device,reboot and plugged in device again and see if any error messages come up

Start simple ...
And keep posting please

That code 10 is not a good sign :(

BillT
12-31-2012, 05:45 PM
When ever I get those messages at my store it's the dreaded message I have seen it a lot .

Usually when USB jump drives are dying or their controller got jolted it is the death message.

However since this is a different device and much bigger You have to do a couple of tests ( simple tests)

First thing is to open up device manager and keep that window open
also open up control panel "devices and printers"

keep those 2 windows in yoru sight.

Now check how many ports you have in your system? 2-4- 6?

Suggest to go one by one with that device.

plug it into a usb port ( listen for any noises for windows devices, windows makes the thump thump when a usb device is plugged in.

Look on those screens "devices and printers" does the device appear and disappear quickly? ( bad controller sign)

Have you uninstalled any drivers for that device,reboot and plugged in device again and see if any error messages come up

Start simple ...
And keep posting please

That code 10 is not a good sign :(

Your post gave me the very simple but not thought of idea: Uninstall the DTMB BDA TV USB device from the device manager. Turn keyboard off, then back on... Windows then installed the proper Samsong K49 driver. Turns out that DTMB thingy was bogus and just needed to be removed. I figured that out when I plugged it into my laptop and saw with the driver name was supposed to be. Duh!

Thanks for the clue!

Bill

danfuerth
12-31-2012, 06:32 PM
LOl very good. glad it's fixed