PDA

View Full Version : UAD Card

StillCrazy
08-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before but can Reaper recognize and utilize the UAD cards and their associated software products?

Thanks in advance.

sebas777
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Yes, it reads its VST plugins,
compensates for the introduced buffer delays,
and has some UAD-specific preference options (here it works with or without them: I still don't know when it works better... with or without the options ticked ;) ).

I also think it's important to have some quite modern system if you want Reaper to run without any problems, because on older machines it may not run as smoothly (64bit audio engine, CPU overload, slower graphic cards). But the fantastic sound is worth of any price !

forgotten g
08-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I am using a UAD card with reaper and so far it has been good.

antiClick
08-14-2007, 07:46 PM
It works, 0 problems here..... only superb UAD sound :)

PS: don't try to do tracking with the UAD's, they like big buffers

Magpel
08-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Just installed mine and used it in a big Reaper project (44 tracks, tons of plugs) with stellar results. There's a UAD-1 info thread around here that gives one man's optimal Reaper settings for the UAD, which I used.

I think I actually got MORE out of the UAD card than their online cpu-usage chart suggested I would. Don't know if that has anything to do with Reaper's efficiency, but I'm pleased as punch.

And, though it is still early in my experience with it, the UAD stuff sounds simply great.

Spend those 14-day demos wisely! I made the strategic mistake of breaking open the Precision EQ and Precision Limiter demos to master the aforementioned song--with outstanding results!--but I have nothing else even near the mastering stage at the moment, so the days are ticking away and the demos lying unused... :(

antiClick
08-15-2007, 08:00 AM
here are the settings:
http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?p=89517#post89517

norbury brook
08-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Be aware these settings mean any multicore system will then only be able to use one native core in reaper,which if you've got 4 or 8 is a big handicap!

MC