PDA

View Full Version : Song evaluation please ??

mbuzz
08-30-2007, 02:46 PM
this is my first try at midi strings so ??????

1. Arrangement
2. structure
3. sound ( this is in development most everything will be replaced ! )

And just what you think of it , Please be honest !!!

Thanks
Buzz

http://machineband.com/restofmylife.mp3

For other heavier stuff !!!
www.myspace.com/machineband

Jason Brian Merrill
08-30-2007, 03:09 PM
comments carried over from old thread:

great to see something from you mbuzz ill definetly be checking it out later !!!

PS: Jason dont be nice man !!!!!!

hey ill be honest but theres nothing wrong with being nice :)

Magoostus
08-30-2007, 05:32 PM
wow, that voice is AMAZING, i love it
billion dollar singer here.

guitar sounds a bit cheesy though...

mbuzz
08-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks Magoo ???? Stus , he's my co-writer and singer in our band , as I said everything is scratch ( Pod on the gtrs NO WONDER !!)

He wrote this by himself I never got a chance to screw it up LOL

Later
Buzz

stodge
08-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Maybe knock the guitar down slightly during the acoustic guitar part; his vocals seem a touch quiet in comparison. Just wondering why the guitar and vocals are panned the same; centre? No problem with that, just think the song needs more width, especially during the acoustic part.

I get really bad crackling/popping on every snare and bass drum hit. Drums are peaking? They're ok once they start fading out.

Xaake
08-30-2007, 11:56 PM
I really like this, the song in itself and the singing is top noch, would have liked a dryer guitarsound though, and as said before the drums are horrible every basdrumhit crackles/clicks!!!

mbuzz
08-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Ya I did'nt check the mp3 after making it !!?? recording 101 DUMB AZZ

Thanks for the feedback guys !

Later
Buzz

Bebop52
09-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Great song, excellent vocalist (was it you singing Mbuzz?). Guitars have too much, too long reverb on them. A short room type reverb would maybe make them more present. And they need a bit of low end or low mid cut to make them less boomy. Or maybe try a diffeent mic position, this one sounds like it is too near the soundhole, emphasising 'warmth' too much at the expense of clarity. Two mics strategically placed might bring out more sparkle. Or even a different, harder or thinner plastic plectrum - this sounds like a mellow nylon one. Vocal needs to be more upfront, less reverb or less bottom end on the reverb - in the present mix they sound distant and drowned by the freqs that the guitars are producing. The drums as everyone has said, are terrible due to awful popping/clicking. No idea why, as the few tracks you have mixed there shouldn't take up much CPU. But please don't take any of this as criticism, it's a lovely song, beautifully sung and very enjoyable.

Any chance of posting the individual tracks somewhere please? Consolidated. OGG format ideally, but .wav should be OK size-wise as there are not too many tracks making up the song. I love to have a go at mixing other peoples' stuff. It's a fantastic way to learn. WWW.4shared.com is pretty good for storing stuff for people to download.

Cheers for sharing your song, I emjoyed it very much.

beamifrend
09-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow! Technical stuff aside (you may have heard my demo so that could be a good thing!) Loved the vocal and the composition. Excellent lyrics. Okay, obvious Chad Kroeger parallels. Yeah, I'd have taken the heavy effects off the guitar and maybe compressed it a bit more. Drums were good, again, nice composition. Can I be in your band ;o)

mbuzz
09-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Been away for a while guys ! , the gtr is a Godin direct in so no mics !!! ( sounds like an Ovation LOL !! ) as I said this is just a quick dirty no time no thought song structure piece.
We are going to redo it from scratch when we have a chance

And YES you can be in my band Beami !!!!
In fact maybe some collaboration around here would be fun

As I said I fucked up the MP3 101 DUHHHHHHH

Thnaks
Guys

Later
Buzz