PDA

View Full Version : Is It My Sound card?

Vicki
09-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I am at a loss and need help with the Reaper software for recording. I am using this in conjunction with Ninjam to play with other musicians around the world. We stream our performances live into the Virtual World of Second Life. I have both installed on my desk top and they both work fine, but needed a lap top also to run things closer to my drums. After installing both on my lap top, Reaper and Ninjam do not work at all. The mnetronome levels dont even move at all and there is no sound what so ever. Everything is set up exactly the same as on my desk top. The only difference I can see is my desk top has a Sigma Tel Audio 1 sound card, and the lap top has a Sigma Tel C-Major Audio 1 sound card. Could this be the problem, and if so, would an external sound card fix this?

Billoon
09-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah, an external card would be better.

Try ASIO4ALL for now.

Vicki
09-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I have ASIO4all installed and that doesn't help on the lap top. I am wondering if this is a sound card issue at all because the sound level meters aren't even moving in Reaper. If I load a project file and hit play, it says "playing" but the timer doesn't move or any sound level meters.

Billoon
09-01-2007, 10:42 AM
ASIO4ALL uses the WDM driver, so you might need a better one.

Google found these...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R147073&SystemID=INS_PNT_E1405&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=8907&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid%20=38;impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=195627

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/234368/fujitsu-lifebook-s7010-s7010d-sigmatel-c-major-audio-driver-6.14.1.3766-windows-2000-xp-free-download.html

flight
09-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Don't know if this is actually relevant, but I have seen sometimes when latency is set too low on the ASIO driver, the track says it's playing but nothing moves. Pretty much what you're describing.

Richard in NZ
09-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Vicki - don't know if this will help, but I had similar problem with my Omega interface. It had been fine, but after cahnging some settings (including the midi driver) it stopped working ie hit play and it seemed to be going but the timeline "stuck" and no sounds. Had to hit stop to reset prefs.

Amongst other things, last night I disabled the WaveSyth driver and it now works. Worth a try!