PDA

View Full Version : Someone dare to put vocals on this one?

onqel
09-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi! The topic tells it all ;) I have made a song and I would like to hear someone with a powerful voice and the time to put some vocals on this one.. I've been working on this one for a time now..

I've given it the worktitle "A voice from the water"
http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/reaper/a_voice_from_the_water.mp3

Atleast give me a comment about the song..

- John A. Johansen

Till
09-01-2007, 12:00 PM
lol. when i heard the beginning, i thought "oh no...". but @ 0:23 i changed my mind to "he's going somewhere!"

now that i've heard the whole track i gotta say i'm a little impressed. it's not the least bit boring! nice arrangement!

but what i also gotta say is: redo the guitar! here and there the timing suhuxx! (notice i used an elonging "hu" and two "x" there)

that's about it.

Rann
09-02-2007, 12:44 PM
What Till said. :)

Its a great arrangement, and I like how the drums aren't playing a specific pattern, thats cool. The strings sound a bit "plastic" for my taste, but thats just me. Its hard to get realistic strings though, at least in the budget i have. Overall its a great tune.

peace,
rann

onqel
09-22-2007, 05:26 AM
What Till said. :)

Its a great arrangement, and I like how the drums aren't playing a specific pattern, thats cool. The strings sound a bit "plastic" for my taste, but thats just me. Its hard to get realistic strings though, at least in the budget i have. Overall its a great tune.

peace,
rann

Hi, can you recommend some good string plugins ?

asharin
10-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Damn, I like this. I was making up lyrics as I was listening to this, I might have a go at it, though be warned, my voice isn't the best but you don't HAVE to use it :D

onqel
10-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Damn, I like this. I was making up lyrics as I was listening to this, I might have a go at it, though be warned, my voice isn't the best but you don't HAVE to use it :D

I'm looking forward to hear the results ;)
Have been nice if you can give me the raw material too!
The mix so far is shit, just a piece of mud, and I have to do it it all over again :P

Can't wait :P

JasonTheron
10-29-2007, 03:56 PM

DSK Strings. Go.

Wombat
10-31-2007, 12:34 AM

Depending on your budget, EWQL Orchestra Silver (bottom of the range)is currently selling for $250 Australian. (The Aussie dollar is currently at about 90cents US, so you can work that out roughly in your currency). Lots of pro recorded string sounds by a full classical orchestra.
http://www.eastwestsamples.com/details.php?cd_index=870

fatstrat
12-05-2007, 09:01 PM
This is not so great, but you dared us!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=780780&content=music

It's not the entire song and there's still a lot of open space, but if you like it I'll finish the vocals and upload the raw tracks to you.

:-)

fatstrat
12-05-2007, 09:05 PM

Btw, the "not so great" part is the vocals. Your track is really freaking good. :D

fatstrat
12-05-2007, 09:40 PM

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=780780&content=music

Soundclick's quality sucks!

256K mp3:

http://www.businesscompanyinternational.com/music/a_voice_from_the_water2.mp3

onqel
12-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Btw, the "not so great" part is the vocals. Your track is really freaking good. :D

Thanks! Finish it! ;) I like your version alot! Sorry you have to work with a crappy mix..I have listen to your version 4-5 times now and I really think this is the right direction of the final touch the song needs;) maybe you can send me the vocals and solo and I mix the project over again? (leaving my muddyness behind this time;))

btw, nice solo!

-John

eightnine
12-06-2007, 05:54 AM
Love your voice fatstrat! Great melody too.

fatstrat
12-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow, thanks guys!

I've been trying to teach myself to sing for a couple of year now, I've finally decided to just go for it and start recording vocals regardless of the results.

The screaming "NO!" was the most fun, by the way. That's ten tracks of me yelling "no" at different panning positions. I was trying to get the effect of the entire world yelling angrily... :)

But really, it's the backing track that makes the song, I really like the arrangement.

fatstrat
12-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks! Finish it! ;) I like your version alot! Sorry you have to work with a crappy mix..I have listen to your version 4-5 times now and I really think this is the right direction of the final touch the song needs;) maybe you can send me the vocals and solo and I mix the project over again? (leaving my muddyness behind this time;))

btw, nice solo!

-John

Sure! I'll try to finish up in the next day or so and get those tracks to you.

Faust
12-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Thought I'd say that this was pretty dang cool, and also enjoyed the solo/voice version. Was having trouble finding the melody on this, and enjoyed hearing it fleshed out.

JimboJones
12-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I couldn't get the 'good' link to work - so here's my take on the soundclick version.

I like texture of the voice but the "NOOO!" sticks out like a sore bleeding puss-filled thumb. (imho) Maybe get some other voices from the forum to make it sound more gang-like?

The guitar solo at the end was pretty bad-ass. The OP should let you redo all the guitar tracks.

I would love to hear the final production - and if you guys wanna post the raw tracks/project then well... that would be just awesome.

onqel
12-20-2007, 04:21 AM
I would love to hear the final production - and if you guys wanna post the raw tracks/project then well... that would be just awesome.

I'm working on it, and I will post it when it get ready for the public :p

gastler
12-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Sounds awesome so far guys. Kinda like a modern day Journey. Cant wait to hear the finished product.