PDA

View Full Version : problem with reaper and midi via usb

Haros
06-09-2013, 05:36 AM
Hello there,im not exactly new to reaper but i have come across a huge problem(at least for me).Iv recently purchased a korg microstation and i try to connect it via usb to reaper.now the problem is, reaper doesnt show from the input midi devices the usb audio device doesnt exist!Although it does recognize it( if i put through the options my controller) as korg microstation midi controller.What iv noticed is that windows dont recognize the device as a usb device it recognizes it as a sound device.which isn't visible on windows playback devices nor asio configuration(doesnt recognize it?) so i can make it primary or sth like i did on asio with the headphones or mic/line in.

im really frustrated right now as im trying to solve this for over a day or two.
help plz

ivansc
06-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Does it actually show up in the list of available MIDI devices in the prefs menu submenu?

Assuming you have it plugged in and windoze has recognised it, you SHOULD have an entry you cn configure any way you choose.
If you want to use a MIDIdevice to do control as well as just processing MIDI you can enable it for control as well as just "enable".
Sorry if this is a bad explanation but go to prefs and the MIDI section and look at MIDI devices.

bluzkat
06-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Did you download the midi driver? If not download and install it. See here...

http://www.korg.com/Search.aspx?sp=microstation.

:cool:

Haros
06-09-2013, 09:01 AM
yes it does get recognized by reaper in midi devices menu,but i try to load its own vst but it only loads if i disable my microstation midi device.and then i cant get input nor sound from its own vst.i tried with the built in reaper synth and works just fine. any help ? thanx for the reply ivan.

Haros
06-09-2013, 09:10 AM
first thing i did bluzkat,there seems to be a tiny bit of info im missing to get it to work.i repeat all i want is to get my Ms to work in reaper with usb, load its vst so i can have my bass on the line in at the same time and play with both instruments whenever i want to,without the need to plug/unplug cables.used to have both through line in and whenever i wanted to play the other was switching cables/instruments etc.

Haros
06-09-2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48474&sid=2f4fab4bbc88690ede00cd145e6efddb this guys explains my problem better than me.i did use this guide he posted but i still have the same problem.cant fix it even with this detailed guide.any feedback guys?

ivansc
06-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Did you follow the link to den ben's blog in that thread?

Haros
06-10-2013, 07:45 AM
yes i did i cant get it to work because i disable my midi device input(Microstation) in order to load its vsti editor,or else the vsti doesnt find my microstation(doesnt synchronize).so i followed the guide it does get synchronized but i cant play live , i get no sound from it. if i dont disable my device through the midi device options and set the input to microstation and load reaper's vst synth it plays normally.i guess since the engine on my microstation is similar to that of m3-m50.the solution would be kinda same.
also on reaper on inputs on the track i dont get the usb audio device input in midi inputs.that would be a problem solver but i dont.