PDA

View Full Version : My 6th tune this month: Sunrise

Boray
06-30-2013, 05:41 AM
Bye bye synth sounds. Hello samples and guitars.

Here:
http://boray.bandcamp.com/track/sunrise

Bearcub
06-30-2013, 07:00 AM
Bye bye synth sounds. Hello samples and guitars.

Here:
http://boray.bandcamp.com/track/sunrise

Good work B,

I just would prefer if the bassline didn't work against the rest of the piece so much. The other stuff, the other parts and the composition have a relaxing feel to it, and I like it, but the overall experience is let down by the bass, because the bass instrument plays at least twice as many notes as it needs to. A more relaxed approach there, and maybe fix the digitally clipped guitar note would be my suggestions.

Boray
06-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the input! :) I'm not sure what you mean with digitally clipped guitar though? Do you mean the heavy compression?

Bearcub
06-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the input! :) I'm not sure what you mean with digitally clipped guitar though? Do you mean the heavy compression?

Could be, there was a note there sounded digitally distorted with a spiky pop. Listening again...well, there is a a little digital distortion here and there which doesn't sound that pleasant, but the note I was thinking of was at 1.40...a similar thing happens later. It's only in my right monitor. Kind of hard, click sounds as if your channel went into the red, or how a Behringer preamp distorts.

Boray
06-30-2013, 09:11 AM
I can hear it at 1:40! I will check what that is. Thanks!

Boray
06-30-2013, 10:53 AM
It isn't in the recorded signal. Maybe I'm just mixing too loud or something.

Bearcub
06-30-2013, 11:13 AM
It isn't in the recorded signal. Maybe I'm just mixing too loud or something.

Could be. Make sure you have plenty of headroom on the individual channels and masterbus. Also, did you process the final mix? I mean compress/limit, and if so what did you use/do?

Boray
06-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes, I used ReaXComp + reacomp on the master bus.

Bearcub
06-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes, I used ReaXComp + reacomp on the master bus.

It sounds very much like something, somewhere is surpassing 0 db. Have you tried rendering a more quiet version of it, to see if the clicks are still there?

Boray
07-01-2013, 07:04 AM
I uploaded an updated version now. Some of the clicks came from bad edits (the edges kind of got amplified in the simulated amp) and some from too loud mixing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Bearcub
07-01-2013, 02:07 PM
I uploaded an updated version now. Some of the clicks came from bad edits (the edges kind of got amplified in the simulated amp) and some from too loud mixing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

No problem, I'm glad you worked it out!