PDA

View Full Version : EZ drummer install issues

maddnotez
07-21-2013, 12:03 PM
I previously had ez drummer installed and had severe issues. It defaults to program files x86. I don't want it there because every time I set the vst path to that folder, Reaper (on start up) would scan that folder and find hundreds of unrecognized files. Literally like 700 files and I would have to click the OK on each error message. Would take 10 minutes of pressing enter every time I opened Reaper.

The issue now is even when I try to install ez drummer, using advanced, creating a new folder (example: C:/program files/new folder) it will always say its going to program files x86.

Anything I can do here? Please help.

maddnotez
07-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Beuller?? Lol

I just can't figure it out. I choose the folder to install ez drummer and then program files x86 is the only option. Won't allow me to change destination.

zeekat
07-22-2013, 12:04 AM
I don't really remember the details, but AFAIR EZ drummer installs its library files in program files dir and its VST plugin (dll file) in the plugin directory selected by you.

No wonder Reaper freaks out when scanning the program files directory - there's surely a ton of completely non-music related .dll files there. Make sure your Ezdrummer .dll plugin(s) live in the directory where only the VST plugins reside. Or just read the frickin manual, there's surely info on plugin placement there :>

maddnotez
07-22-2013, 05:25 AM
Make sure your Ezdrummer .dll plugin(s) live in the directory where only the VST plugins reside. Or just read the frickin manual, there's surely info on plugin placement there :>

This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. However, it will only let me install ez drummer to program files x86 which is not where my vst's will be.

I will find the manual online, good suggestion. I lost mine a while back.

ivansc
07-22-2013, 07:19 AM
This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. However, it will only let me install ez drummer to program files x86 which is not where my vst's will be.

I will find the manual online, good suggestion. I lost mine a while back.

Have you not tried manually moving the .dll file into the location you want it to be and then physically adding and then re-scanning the VST location?

I have found all the TT stuff to be one of the easiest drum rompler softs to install.

maddnotez
07-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Have you not tried manually moving the .dll file into the location you want it to be and then physically adding and then re-scanning the VST location?

I have found all the TT stuff to be one of the easiest drum rompler softs to install.

I have not, so just to be clear. You are suggesting instead of installing EZ drummer, just move the ez drummer .dll to the vst folder of my choice?

Edit: I'm guessing I could install and then copy the ez drummer DLL to my vst folder.

Stu
07-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Yes that will work, just don't move any part of the library itself - relocating the samples or midi grooves has to be done via the installer as EZD has no function to select a new path for the library.

maddnotez
07-23-2013, 06:44 AM
OK I'll give it a try tonight.

Regular install (since there's no other choice lol) then move dll

ivansc
07-23-2013, 12:03 PM
You DO realise that it installs itself as something weird like "dhfdrumsampler.dll" don't you?

at least it did when I first got it.

Stu
07-23-2013, 12:15 PM
I think that's been fixed Ivan, I got EZDrummer in January and it installed as EZ Drummer.dll

Dynsdale
07-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Isn't there a sub-folder of program files x86 that you can point Reaper to.
I believe EZ-drummer made its in subfolder when I installed it.