PDA

View Full Version : Another MADE BY HUMANS track "Hell in my Rearview"

DOWNtheMILE
09-08-2013, 06:51 PM
While I'm at it, I got down another song idea today.

MADE BY HUMANS "Hell in my Rearview":
https://soundcloud.com/down-the-mile/hell-in-my-rearview

Let me know what you think of this one guys! Curious... This one was a b*tch for me cuz there seems to me some weird tempo and time signature changes + some sluggish transitions that were really hard to get a basic drum pattern to follow... kinda fixed the drums afterwards but they're still sketchy. That aside, have at 'er and I appreciate the feedback!

DOWNtheMILE
09-09-2013, 04:38 PM
nothing...

karbomusic
09-09-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm a horrible reviewer but I won't let it go without any replies.

I loved the intro but when the heavy guitars/drums come in they don't appear to be locked into the same groove. The basic rhythm section and how it fits is always at the top of my list because if it is right, everything else just tends to work better. :)

And I'd bring the drums up and the guitars down. It'll sound better and, if the drum and guitar grooves don't gel it'll be easier to tell. Its almost like you are hiding the drums because you are unhappy with them. Anyway loved the intro, I think this idea certainly has potential. The guitar tone sounds good to me, though it is out if my genre I'm not sure I could get it that chunky and sound good so kudos on that.

zeekat
09-10-2013, 02:56 AM
I loved the intro but when the heavy guitars/drums come in they don't appear to be locked into the same groove. The basic rhythm section and how it fits is always at the top of my list because if it is right, everything else just tends to work better. :)

Yeah, the same impression. I like weird time sigs, but it sounds a bit overdone here, like a CD is skipping or something. Kinda reminds me of those crazy proof of concept songs by Spastic Ink dudes, where they do some ultra weird time sigs like 65/64 just to fuck with your head.

Or maybe my soundcloud is skipping, you know what happens when your internet is all old and scratched.

DOWNtheMILE
09-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah, the same impression. I like weird time sigs, but it sounds a bit overdone here, like a CD is skipping or something. Kinda reminds me of those crazy proof of concept songs by Spastic Ink dudes, where they do some ultra weird time sigs like 65/64 just to fuck with your head.

Or maybe my soundcloud is skipping, you know what happens when your internet is all old and scratched.

OH TOTALLY. It's not Soundcloud "skipping". My drum patterns are very much buggered... and they're low in the mix because they suck the lemon's teet. I'll fix that eventually...

I WAS going to fix them yesterday, but I ended up doing a new tune, also with sh*tty drums:

https://soundcloud.com/down-the-mile/grand-disaster

I'm not super concerned with the drums as I send drum-less mixes to a drummer to figure out his own beats and fills and stuff... with the intent to re-record everything with real instruments across the board. Otherwise, the name "Made by Humans" wouldn't make much sense... HA!