PDA

View Full Version : Crossfade editor - help please!

vordex
10-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi, first post here. I've been using REAPER for a couple of months & I love it. But I can't double-click on a crossfade & get the editor to open. When I try, the edit cursor moves to the start of my overlapping item, and that's it! No matter where I point (and yes, I can see the little "crossfade curve" mouse pointer) I can't open the editor. I'm baffled! Any help would be appreciated!

lowerbout
10-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi, first post here. I've been using REAPER for a couple of months & I love it. But I can't double-click on a crossfade & get the editor to open. When I try, the edit cursor moves to the start of my overlapping item, and that's it! No matter where I point (and yes, I can see the little "crossfade curve" mouse pointer) I can't open the editor. I'm baffled! Any help would be appreciated!

You can edit it by dragging it around or right-clicking when you see the fade pointer.

vordex
11-01-2013, 12:51 AM
You can edit it by dragging it around or right-clicking when you see the fade pointer.

Thanks. Yes, I can do that. But what I want to do is use the Crossfade editor as documented in the manual. Double-clicking the crossfade curves doesn't open the editor (at least not for me!)...

Update: Out of frustration I just installed Reaper on an ancient laptop and tried it there. Double-clicking a crossfade curve DOES open the editor on that. I'm guessing it's a changed setting on my main PC, though I don't know what... I haven't changed any mouse modifiers yet... :|

jiff 41
11-01-2013, 02:39 AM
Have you checked your fades & crossfades in prefs? :)

planetnine
11-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Have you checked your fades & crossfades in prefs? :)

Check "Media item fade/auto crossfade" and "Media item fade intersection", double-click action on both.

Have you ever fiddled around in Mouse Modifiers at all? It can be quite involved and you can muck stuff up with changes you then forget about ;)

I tend to look a lot before I change anything...

>

vordex
11-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Duh... total Newbie error! I had one item placed on top of a silence in a much longer take (instead of a simple overlap between two items) so it fades at BOTH ENDS... I was zoomed in so close, I didn't realise!

To fix it I split the long item & cut out the silence, put the new item on top, overlapping at either end... like I should have to start with! Then the crossfade editor opens just fine. I was making some screenshots to upload when I figured it out. I'll upload them anyway... note the different shading around the crossfades for the two different situations... in case it helps anyone else.

Thanks for the suggestions!