PDA

View Full Version : Set input to MIDI, arm, monitoring with 1 shortcut key?

mossby
12-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Hmm, got it pretty well summed up in the title. Probably the one thing that slows me up the most. I know I can create a preset, or an FX chain, but it's still too many keystrokes, and (to the best of my knowledge) both require a mouse. Two keystrokes wouldn't be too bad, but still, I feel like 1 has gotta be possible...

So, can I press, say, CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+Numpad 1 and have it:

A) Set selected track input to All Channels on my MIDI device
B) Arm the track to record
C) Turn on Record Monitoring

Thanks! I tried to figure it out a while back via actions but couldn't get it to set the input to my MIDI device.

hopi
12-05-2013, 10:33 PM
I do much the same by making track templates and loading those

you can have whatever you want ready to roll... one or multi tracks

technogremlin
12-06-2013, 03:30 AM
I do much the same by making track templates and loading those

you can have whatever you want ready to roll... one or multi tracks

Same here. Track-templates are the way to go :D

mossby
12-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Hmm, that's still so much (relative) friction... Is there a way to load a template with a single key command?

mossby
12-07-2013, 07:15 PM
What if Reaper could auto-detect the input for you? via a toggle of course.

For instance, select the track you want and flip the toggle (key command, button, whatever) to set the 'auto-detect input mode'. Then Reaper (somehow) looks for any inputs getting persistent activity (and above a certain volume for audio inputs)

So, whether you're mashing the keys on your Midi controller, or strumming away on your direct connect guitar, or 'check one two'ing the mic, that input gets set for the selected track.

Then once the input is set, it automatically toggles the 'auto-detect input mode' to off.