PDA

View Full Version : Plugins on track in edit window like Pro Tools?

tuckerconnelly
12-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Pro Tools refugee here :D

Is it possible to display the plugins on the track instead of having to go through the add fx dialogue? I miss being able to see all the inserts (and sends as well) right there in the edit window.

foxAsteria
12-14-2013, 10:30 PM
the mixer shows all that. or if you prefer you can dock the mixer (hold ctrl and drag the tab when it's docked to move it), size it to a track width, hide the master and then you have a cubase-like track inspector for the selected track. sorry, not a pro-tools user...

Swamp Ape
12-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Just stretch the mixer up until you see them. The fx will show up at the top. You can toggle the mixer on/off with ctrl m.

hopi
12-15-2013, 10:25 AM
hello there

there is a very decent way, it's what we sort of call making the mixer be like a 'track inspector'

I have my main screen set up that way always and then also a second 'screen set' [look up screen sets in the user guide] that put the mixer in it's own large window in a second monitor.

so back to the question:

You want to 'dock' the mixer {MCP] and then move that dock with just MCP part of the dock to the left side of the TCP [Arrange view]
You can make it stick or reside just at the left of the tracks in the TCP.
Then you also want to set the Master track in the Mixer to float in it's own window... I put that to the left of everything.

Then a right clk on the master will show you various options for the MCP Mixer.
You want:
Scrolling
Auto arrange mixer tracks
show fx inserts when size permits
show sends when size permits
YOU DO NOT WANT... Show multiple rows of tracks
then with this mixer at the left of the TCP, you want to narrow it's size to the width of just one track's panel.

Now when you have a few tracks and you clk on any of them int the TCP, you will see the MCP "track inspector" for that track in the MCP 'track inspector' at the left.
You will see the list of FX at the top of it.
You can turn fx on or off, add, bypass, remove, and re-order the fx right there.

should look something like this:

http://imagizer.**************/v2/xq90/40/xtis.png (https://***************/i/14xtisp)

planetnine
12-16-2013, 01:32 PM
What hopi said ^^ :)

>

foxAsteria
12-16-2013, 02:56 PM
i said it first :p

James HE
12-16-2013, 06:21 PM
i said it first :p

yeah and... hopi has a butt-ugly theme... lol

love ya hopi! :)