PDA

View Full Version : Command 8 and such

fasteddie
10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi,

Has anyone ever tried to use a digidesign Command8 to control Reaper? I have been trying it with mixed success.I have two basic problems here:

1) Assigning faders, pan pots, solos and mutes is easy (using Keyboard Shortcuts with MIDI CC) - but this method will not recognise the transport controls (as the c8 sends them as MMC which you cant reprogram) - SO - can reaper 'hear' MMC data, or only CC and note?

2) Can you get the Reaper faders to send MIDI out signals so that the automated faders on the C8 move/stay in sync with whats in the project?

Alternativly, is there a way to have the Command8 simulate a Makie Control or Behringer, which seem to be supported already. Any help would be much appreciated.

Command8 is going in through USB, using the Digidesign drivers and firmware

(PS - How good is reaper! I'm trying it out on a 500mHz laptop with a Mackie ONYX satellite for basic portable tracking and its solid as a rock!)

fuseburn
10-06-2007, 04:47 AM
I could once bring the faders to life: Using the BCF2000-preset one of the volume-faders is synced with a pan-fader in reaper, so moving the pan in reaper brings the motor-volume-fader up and down and vice versa. However, this was the only lifesign I ever saw... I'm not the man for long MIDI-CC-tweaking-actions. That's why I got myself a command 8 for ProTools. And now that I don't have to use ProTools anymore I put the command 8 on ebay (blink blink ;-))

fasteddie
10-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks for that. I guess the C8's not really supposed to be a super flexible thing anyway - its sensational with PT tho - it just works and is well integrated blah blah blah. preset support for command8 in reaper would be nice, but i guess most people with one would be using it with proTools anyway.