PDA

View Full Version : Time of our Lives

henge1
03-21-2014, 02:19 PM
The singer I wanted to use for this kept fucking me around so I tried it myself. Started out as a " Kings of Leon " direction but turned out dance poppy!!LOL

https://soundcloud.com/village-works-canada/time-of-our-lives

kindafishy
03-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Anton, this sounds fantastic. I love the balance and dynamics here. You build up great anticipation by leaning to the left until everything comes in. Created a lot of interest in the second verse by having the same progression, but filling it out on both sides. Really nice arrangement.

Whoever that other singer was, you didn't need him! This sounds perfect for your voice. There are a lot of pop sensibilities here, but I'm hearing your prog background coming out, especially towards the end of the song.

Awesome tune, man.

Great ending!

henge1
03-22-2014, 04:24 AM
Anton, this sounds fantastic. I love the balance and dynamics here. You build up great anticipation by leaning to the left until everything comes in. Created a lot of interest in the second verse by having the same progression, but filling it out on both sides. Really nice arrangement.

Whoever that other singer was, you didn't need him! This sounds perfect for your voice. There are a lot of pop sensibilities here, but I'm hearing your prog background coming out, especially towards the end of the song.

Awesome tune, man.

Great ending!

Sweet! Thanks kindafishy!

zeekat
03-22-2014, 11:52 AM
You had me scared at "dance poppy" but kindafishy has it right, prog influences are easily audible. Cool little tune.

Cosmic
03-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Production on this is SAVAGE.

Look forward to hearing it complete

henge1
03-23-2014, 05:06 AM
You had me scared at "dance poppy" but kindafishy has it right, prog influences are easily audible. Cool little tune.

No matter how hard I try, prog always drags me back in!!( Spoken like Al Pacino in Godfather 3! LOL )
Thanks Zeekat!

henge1
03-23-2014, 05:08 AM
Production on this is SAVAGE.

Look forward to hearing it complete

Awesome! This is a publishing/licensing mix. The song is looking for the right artist/singer ( maybe a Bruno Mars guy...) for the next step.

Gerry
03-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Good luck my friend this is one cracking track-song.

oceanographer
03-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Catchy, well done track. I'll echo Zeekat, I was expecting something a little different from the description, but sounds great.

Wolffman
03-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Big thumbs up !!

KF said it all in the first post, consider this an echo :D

Great work man.

Cheers

Sambo Rouge
03-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Hey Ant,

I really enjoyed this track. I love the vocal harmonies and the relentless pounding drum beat.

The bass is a great underdriver and I think the panning and verb enhances the overall production.

You sure as hell don't need another's vox --- yours is just great.

Great song Ant --- I played it four times in a row and enjoyed it more each time.

Nicely tracked and mixed too.

Terrific stuff!

henge1
03-24-2014, 04:23 AM
Good luck my friend this is one cracking track-song.

Thanks for the wishes!;-)

henge1
03-24-2014, 04:24 AM
Catchy, well done track. I'll echo Zeekat, I was expecting something a little different from the description, but sounds great.

I guess I used the wrong description!!LOL Thanks for liking it oceanographer.

henge1
03-24-2014, 04:25 AM
Big thumbs up !!

KF said it all in the first post, consider this an echo :D

Great work man.

Cheers

Echo, echo, echo...
Thanks Wolffman!;-)

henge1
03-24-2014, 04:26 AM
Hey Ant,

I really enjoyed this track. I love the vocal harmonies and the relentless pounding drum beat.

The bass is a great underdriver and I think the panning and verb enhances the overall production.

You sure as hell don't need another's vox --- yours is just great.

Great song Ant --- I played it four times in a row and enjoyed it more each time.

Nicely tracked and mixed too.

Terrific stuff!

Sweet! Thanks Sambo. Really happy you enjoyed it.

thequietroom
03-25-2014, 08:43 AM
The production is sparkling.. It's hard for me to imagine what more you are looking for in the vocals. To me they sound amazing as they are.

Awesome!

NKB
03-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I was expecting something else as well but was pleasantly surprised. I dig it. It's got a big sound.

henge1
03-25-2014, 10:15 AM
The production is sparkling.. It's hard for me to imagine what more you are looking for in the vocals. To me they sound amazing as they are.

Awesome!

Thanks man! There was a singer that I wanted to sing it that's more representational of the genre, but he was difficult to get a hold of.As you know I'm not a poppy singer so this was a stretch for me!LOL

henge1
03-25-2014, 10:16 AM
I was expecting something else as well but was pleasantly surprised. I dig it. It's got a big sound.

Thanks NKB. What were you expecting if I may ask?