PDA

View Full Version : Azalia ???

Lebedjev
10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi. My first post here since buying Reaper.

I think I will by an ASUS laptop X50R-AP288A and it has a sound card named Azalia. Anyone who has experience of that. Will it work fine with Reaper? Or maybe I can use "Asio for all"?

Tallisman
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
asio4all is always good for getting the best out of onboard soundcards, in my experience, with Win XP. I ma not sure about Vista (that's probably what the new acer ships with).

I took Reaper on a USB drive and tested a ton of laptops, ACER's included down at the local PC shop... I installed Asio4All and they all seemed to be cool... though it wasn't a very serious test.

cheers,
t

jakerock
10-10-2007, 05:27 PM
asio4all is always good for getting the best out of onboard soundcards, in my experience, with Win XP. I ma not sure about Vista (that's probably what the new acer ships with).

I took Reaper on a USB drive and tested a ton of laptops, ACER's included down at the local PC shop... I installed Asio4All and they all seemed to be cool... though it wasn't a very serious test.

cheers,
t

That ASIO4All works well to make really small latency times on my laptop soundcard... but it spikes between 2 and 99% CPU use in 4 second cycles. Is that normal?

Tallisman
10-10-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't get that spiking behaviour even at very low latencies on my laptop.

perhaps there is another process, in the background, that is interfering?

.t