PDA

View Full Version : AMBIENCE

Jackmon
04-29-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi All

I recently downloaded AMBIENCE (for Mac)- the free plugin from Magnus Jonsson.

I copied the file into HD/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST but REAPER won't recognise the folder.

Is there anything else, specific to the Ambience folder, that I have to do to get REAPER to recognise it?

Any help really appreciated, as usual.

Thanks guys.

rdesanti
04-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Hi All

I recently downloaded AMBIENCE (for Mac)- the free plugin from Magnus Jonsson.

I copied the file into HD/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST but REAPER won't recognise the folder.

Is there anything else, specific to the Ambience folder, that I have to do to get REAPER to recognise it?

Any help really appreciated, as usual.

Thanks guys.

Preferences and click rescan. Also if it's an AU component it needs to go the component directory. I have mine working however the fancy graphic is not showing up. Just simple sliders like ReaVerb has. It works good, I just would like to see the nicer graphics, so if anyone knows how to fix this then throw it up here too!

Jackmon
04-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks rdesanti...

but have done all that and still no Ambience.

ponk
04-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Ambience is quite old - notice the VST is only for powerpc, not Intel, which is why you don;t see it. As rdesanti (http://forum.cockos.com/member.php?u=58905) said, if you go back to the download page, get the au, and put it in components (not vst), you'll get a non-graphical version.

Jackmon
04-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi ponk...

Thanks.

But again, just tried that & still no joy. Maybe those links are now dead?

willowhaus
04-30-2014, 06:35 AM
Just tried it here, it showed up fine. You do have to get the Universal .au version, the .vst won't work. I downloaded it just now, dragged it to /Library/Audio/Plugins/Components, and it came right up. Maybe you have a permissions issue?

rdesanti
03-13-2015, 10:57 AM
So how do we get the GUI interface to work? I'm on OSX Reaper 64 bit. Was researching Magnus/Smartelectronix to see if there is someone I can contact there but didn't have any luck.

Fergler
03-13-2015, 01:56 PM
So how do we get the GUI interface to work? I'm on OSX Reaper 64 bit. Was researching Magnus/Smartelectronix to see if there is someone I can contact there but didn't have any luck.

The GUI version is only available for powerpc and Windows, afaik. I never got Ambience GUI to work with Logic 9 on Mac 10.6, I don't remember specifics, but it was for sure impossible. The GUIless version is fine and actually quite easy to use, easier than the GUI version IMO (easier to see what everything does, better names).

Btw, don't give up. Ambience is an awesome plugin.