PDA

View Full Version : Breathing Space

Fictional Substance
10-02-2014, 06:13 PM
I think this turned out quite nice. It's infectious and energetic. If you like jazzy chords and an exotic hook then give it a listen, and let me know how I can improve it. Thanks for listening! https://soundcloud.com/fictionalsubstance/breathing-space

This link is the original file. The updated one is below in post #6.

m5blackmond
10-02-2014, 06:33 PM
1:07 ooohhhh yeah. It really picks up here. I liked that a lot.

The lead, to me, sounds just a bit too loud to me. But, of course, this is coming from someone that constantly gets feedback like "wish the lead guitars were louder!", so I might not be the best judge of things, here.

Per the usual, sexy lead guitar work. Besides the lead being too loud (for me), the mix sounds really nice.

Jorgen
10-02-2014, 11:40 PM
That was nice, thank you.

mschuster
10-03-2014, 11:55 AM
very nice! got a hint of 'Pat Metheny' here and there. just personal taste, but i'd bring up the kit a db or two. nice job! really enjoy listening to your stuff. very creative, melodic.

barrymk
10-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Yep very sweet and full and well played but the lead is a trifle in yer face for me too.

Fictional Substance
10-04-2014, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the helpful feedback. I turned the lead down and the kit up a bit. The song is now here if you want to give it another go. http://www.mediafire.com/listen/f9mx880744k7284/Breathing_Space.wav

sammydix
10-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Listened to both, and the second version jumped out at me more. First song I heard this morning and it set my mood just right.

bobruzzo
10-07-2014, 05:12 AM
I like this VERY much... perfect. Nice tone on guitar. Sounds like some of the modal scales stuff I do.....Is that a Telecaster? Interesting chord progression too. Reminds me a little of Metheny.....

barrymk
10-07-2014, 05:20 AM
Don't change another thing. Hits the bloody spot now.

Fictional Substance
10-07-2014, 06:11 AM
I like this VERY much... perfect. Nice tone on guitar. Sounds like some of the modal scales stuff I do.....Is that a Telecaster? Interesting chord progression too. Reminds me a little of Metheny.....

Thanks for listening. The guitar is a PRS directly in with just a little eq, compression, delay and reverb (no amp sim), and the tone is indeed lovely.

Don't change another thing. Hits the bloody spot now.

Good. That's the spot I wanted to hit.

Fictional Substance
10-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Listened to both, and the second version jumped out at me more. First song I heard this morning and it set my mood just right.

Thanks for checking it out, Sammy!

johnteddy
10-10-2014, 07:54 AM
Excellent mate, enjoyed it thanks for sharing.