PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Matzerath

Sinner
10-07-2014, 06:47 AM
Some of my music from when I was in High School.

Had my HS reunion and a couple people asked for a copy of it so I mastered it in Reaper.

I wasn't gonna share it with anyone else, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Had not honestly listened to this stuff in 20 years.

Had so much distortion on the guitars had some difficulty EQing. Actually used multiband compression which I don't usually do - only 2kHz+.

Remember, I was 16 when I recorded this... :P

Oscar Matzerath
http://soundcloud.com/oscar-matzerath/sets/oscar

ozbald
10-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Damn. That's so much better than any of the crap I might have come with at 16. My trips down memory lane are pretty painful :)

Sinner
10-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Very nice of you to say that but I bet it is not as bad as you think. We are usually our own worst crtics.

whiteaxxxe
10-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Very nice of you to say that but I bet it is not as bad as you think. We are usually our own worst crtics.

what a name. :-)) Oscar Matzerath - I assume at first you were a German.

"es war einmal ein volk, das glaubte an den weihnachtsmann, aber der weihnachtsmann war der gasmann ..." (zitat Oscar Matzerath)

yes, well, the music: psychedelic greatness. simply that. Bowie, Eno, Velvet Underground, early Roxy Music, and some german bands I hear, that you had surely not in mind, because you cant really know them: Neu, La Düsseldorf, Lilac Angels?? Michael Rother, Harmonia? no? so why do you remember me of them.

I like that kind of stuff. really. do you have more of that?? :-)))

are you really sure you arent a german????

hamish
10-07-2014, 03:48 PM
It's really good for 16 years old. I also know the movie 'Tin Drum' it's amazing.

Sinner
10-09-2014, 05:40 AM
what a name. :-)) Oscar Matzerath - I assume at first you were a German.

"es war einmal ein volk, das glaubte an den weihnachtsmann, aber der weihnachtsmann war der gasmann ..." (zitat Oscar Matzerath)

yes, well, the music: psychedelic greatness. simply that. Bowie, Eno, Velvet Underground, early Roxy Music, and some german bands I hear, that you had surely not in mind, because you cant really know them: Neu, La Düsseldorf, Lilac Angels?? Michael Rother, Harmonia? no? so why do you remember me of them.

I like that kind of stuff. really. do you have more of that?? :-)))

are you really sure you arent a german????

Sorry that is all of that type of stuff. I moved on to more of a folk metal hybrid now.

Not German. I...well since I was about 13, have gone through phases where I'd read all the great literature from a country/region, or some science or social science.

I was just on a German literature phase when we needed a name for the band. We had a lot of songs about stunted growth in a figurative sense (me and the guitar player had pretty chaotic home lives) and it seemed appropriate.