PDA

View Full Version : bass player available

basszilla
10-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi all

I'm a bass player from Wales, UK.

I've been using reaper for about three years or so.

Offering up my services to track bass on existing projects for anyone that needs it. I've a wide range of influences from funk to soul to metal and everything in between. Currently my favourite album is by DFA1979.

Recently, I've been playing on a lot of independent hip hop tunes. Search Kev Adventures 'city life' on YouTube if you want a listen. A video we did with underground NYC rapper Kean Greenaway aka kev adventures.

Anyways, holler if you need some low end.

Tim

FadingMusic
10-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi basszilla,

I have a few old tracks that need some bass re-recording.
Are you willing to help me do this?

basszilla
10-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Yeah of course dude.

Tell me a bit about the project, where you're from etc.

Would you be able to send me an mp3 of the tracks in question?

FadingMusic
10-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Thank you,

My name is Ferry and I'm from the Netherlands.

I wrote two songs about 7 years ago, in 2009 I got to painfully record them in my home studio.
I say painfully because I am not a bass player, a guitarist and a drummer, yet I somehow managed to do all of that.

These two songs are very special to me and I want to give them a proper closure, but I feel like my recordings lacks proper technique and dynamics.
Here is a link to a raw render of one of these songs that I just uploaded through soundcloud, have a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/fadingmusic/shes-the-one-raw-instrumental

basszilla
10-13-2014, 02:14 AM
Hey Ferry. Had a listen and I like the songs. What don't you like about the bass guitar that's already there? It sounds pretty decent to me! It seems to fit the track?

basszilla
10-13-2014, 02:16 AM
Drop me a pm and I'll give you my email. You can send me an mp3 render without bass guitar then and I'll play on it and send you a wav file.

FadingMusic
10-13-2014, 02:46 AM
I'm not sure if it needs to be re-recorded, but "something" needs to change.
I've been trying to mix it for years now, and I just can't get it done.

All of my recordings have been recorded in 24-bit/48kHz with either the AKG C214 stereo pair or the AKG Solidtube.

I'll send you a PM!

basszilla
12-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Any one need any bass tracked?

Fex
12-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Any one need any bass tracked?For free? Yes, actually....

Blow Bowl Blows (https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq9lt22oytiqmvx/Blow%20Bowl%20Blows.mp3?dl=0)

:)

Repetition Compulsion
12-21-2014, 02:16 AM
I can give you a couple metal tracks to work with if you're doing it for fun. 3 in b standard and one in f# standard (7/8 string guitar, all the bass I have done for them is 5 string b standard).

emanresu
12-23-2014, 06:50 PM
https://soundcloud.com/fadingmusic/shes-the-one-raw-instrumental

I liked it very much. Sounds a bit "carefully played" at times. But only very little and doesn't bother me at all. Bass is a bit weak here yep.