PDA

View Full Version : frost flyer's schedule---- reainsert works

flickervetigo
10-24-2014, 12:09 PM
frost flyer's schedule
https://soundcloud.com/wadosy/froast-flyers-schedule

g4greg
10-24-2014, 04:32 PM
dude, your voice and lyrics are incredible!

reminds me of Neil Young somehow, but you don't sing off tune, so it's a lot more ear pleasing :)

flickervetigo
10-26-2014, 09:35 AM
thank you for the compliments... I remain skeptical of comarisons to neil young, though,, and will stay skeptical until I write "after the gold rush"

details and technicalities...

mono guitar plugged into behringer fca1616 input 2, reainserted to lexicon mx400 inputs A via reainsert sends 5 and 6, returned from the leixicon on reainsert returns 5 and 6... all this is still on the guitar track in reaper

this means the lexicon effects wont render, so you got to do a "file>save live output to disk (bounce)" procedure, which is easy and results in a wav file that includes the reainserted stuff from the liexicon

you drag that wav back into reaper and render it

that's as far as I've gotten in figuring this stuff out so far

it turns out that it's all a horrific complication and now there are so many possibilities that random activity is not an option anymore...

...which means I have to understand this stuff to devise a strategy and I really don't understand any of it

yet

now then... after thinking bout it, it looks to me like I'm setting myself up for a feedback loop by sending and receiving on the same reainsert channels... but I'm not getting feedback...

shy is that?

flickervetigo
10-28-2014, 05:46 AM
i think humans' opeating system is analog and they get fed up with the rigid logic of the digital world...

they go a little haywire, and there's no telling what they'll do

https://soundcloud.com/wadosy/b-oly-all-day
the theory is, i practice using the machinery by recording old songs... establish procedures... then i can concentrate on the songs, not the machinery, if a song shows up