PDA

View Full Version : too nice to touch

flickervetigo
11-19-2014, 06:18 AM
too nice to touch

https://soundcloud.com/wadosy/too-nice-to-touch

this was written almost 40 years ago, when I was not yet a dirty old man

this vocal is pretty bad... I shouldn't have posted it... it was emeant as a test bed fpr drums I was working on but the drums don't seem to fit very well, either

another big problem is that I left the reainserted hardware reverb in the guitar track where I cant EQ it... I should have sent the guitar to a reverb track... reverb all by itself so I could EQ it, mainly get rid of some of the lows

not a very good effort

flickervetigo
11-19-2014, 03:38 PM
I wonder why it takes so much courage to tell the truth

flickervetigo
11-20-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm gonna start from scratch on this song, but the words of the chorus are trying to change, so I got to wait until that resolves itself... if yu have suggestions for word changes, please post them

meanwhile, I've been using the input inserts on the behringer to plumb the guitar over to the effects box so I can hear reverby and chous, maybe a delay, on the guitar as I'm recording--real time-- no fooling with reaper's "record monitor" or anything else that goes into the computer before it gets to my ears as I play

I can record the effects if they seems to work, but more likely i'll not bother with recording them, then use reainsert to fine tune the effects in the mixdown...

the question is, does anyone have any opinions about hearing effects while recording? ...do the effects cover up sloppy playing that you wouldn't tolerate if you were listening to a dry signal?

...or do the effects inspire you to new heights of musical genius?

flickervetigo
11-20-2014, 07:53 PM
one other thing here...

I've been listening to one direction's "night changes", and I really like that laid back feel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM3389FUnKo

is the laid back feeling due to the snare bding delayed a few milliseconds? (whatever they're using for a nare)