PDA

View Full Version : Sticking my neck out

ivansc
11-20-2014, 09:17 AM
My first Soundcloud track. VERY rough mix.

https://soundcloud.com/wasplollies/jungle-out-there-rough-mix

pbattersby
11-20-2014, 02:53 PM
I like the song, the vocals, instrumentation. It all sounds good to me. You say it's a rough mix but there is something that goes beyond it being a rough mix. It sounds like it was recorded off an old dusty 33 1/3 rpm record. I hear dusty crackling sounds. Did you perhaps record all the instruments too loud and everything was clipping during recording?

Other than the old dusty record sound, I like what I heard.

karbomusic
11-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Always great to hear music that sounds like some one played and performed it. Nice job Ivan. I'd bring that tele or whatever it is up some though, it's dying to be heard and enjoyed. Great work. :)

Edit: Oh yea, post more!

ivansc
11-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Its a Dano Baritone.

All me straight into the board and yes it is all somewhat clipped....

Couldn't hear it at the time but with my new posh monitors it is erm there like a sore thumb.

Mostly, it is everything straight in. First time I ever recorded my double bass playing (using shitty little peizo pickup) and the vocal and rhythm guitar were supposed to be guide tracks but since it looks like I need to re-record it all, who cares? Oh - Rode Classic 1 on both vocal and rhythm part, recorded simultaneously.

Relieved nobody has said it is crap, at least.
Well so far.

Garrick
11-20-2014, 05:07 PM
One slick recording Ivan and very cool non crap song. I can picture backing singers and one of them is called tracy

ivansc
11-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Lords?

Garrick
11-20-2014, 06:36 PM
haha
that does augment the picture a little, one that has her not singing

Garrick
11-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Edit: i have no idea what you're talking about

ivansc
11-20-2014, 09:06 PM
(grin) I have no idea either which is why I threw in the wild card, as I didnt "get" which Traci would be in your mind singing BVs!

Getting late - almost 4 am here and I do need to go to sleep some time.

Garrick
11-20-2014, 09:13 PM
And it's good night from him

RoboPlankton
11-22-2014, 06:14 PM
As one who lives in a forest, hating much of the contents especially in summer.....

Excellent track!

Jorgen
11-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Hey, I liked this, too. Solid stuff, Ivan. Masculine, if that's alright with you...

ivansc
11-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Actually, it's a song of unrequited love.....

Juuust kidding!

jiff 41
11-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Aye, it's a cracking little tune,
Well done Ivan:cool:

More More!:)

ivansc
11-23-2014, 02:50 AM
Aye, it's a crackLing little tune,
Well done Ivan:cool:

More More!:)

Fixed it for ya! :D

whiteaxxxe
11-23-2014, 05:26 AM
well, I like this JJ Cale - ish style, well done.

for the song: its attitude is somewhat very close to Randy Newmans "Jungle Out There" (title theme from Monk)? ok, its not a cover, at least the lyrics are different ... oh, yeah, I am spoiling the party I guess ...

ivansc
11-23-2014, 05:35 AM
Going to have to go listen to that one - I like Randy Newman but dont know that song.

Mind you I inadvertently rewrote "Sweet Home Alabama" about a couple of months after it was released in the US.

:D

After a quick google/youtube:

Well THAT's a relief! happily not a whole lot like mine!

hamish
11-25-2014, 07:52 PM
I love the sound of your voice, I hope you can do it again sometime without the crackles :)

andyya
11-25-2014, 10:39 PM
That monkey on you sc has an attitude too...just like that song! Love it. Great song

And btw, no crackles here, listening on my tablet!

ivansc
11-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Took the photo of the monkey from my car window whilst driving through the Kruger Park in South Africa last year. Partly where the inspiration for the song came from.

ivansc
12-12-2014, 02:52 AM
Oh dear - getting hooked on Soundcloud.

Beginning to suspect the number of plays you get is linked to how many online pals you have! (blush)
I just limped over the line to 250 plays.

... next song is on its way but totally different.

G-Sun
12-12-2014, 04:14 AM
My first Soundcloud track. VERY rough mix.

https://soundcloud.com/wasplollies/jungle-out-there-rough-mix
Very good sound/tracking.

What's the drums?

If you can get the vocal to work,
then the only thing I'd consider retrack is el.git. solo-parts.

Just get that mix together and you'll have a great song :)

hamish
12-12-2014, 04:28 AM
Oh dear - getting hooked on Soundcloud.

Beginning to suspect the number of plays you get is linked to how many online pals you have! (blush)

So what are you saying ivan, you want more followers? OK, I'll follow you.

You know you could always start a thread begging people to follow your soundcloud too ;)

Timothy Lawler
12-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Nice vocal and lead guitar. This has vibe. It drew me in and made me listen. Yeah, there's some clipping. So what. Cool tune and hot performance beats perfect recording technique.