PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm getting better at Reaper!! :)

mostlyjustj
11-23-2014, 12:06 PM
I got Izotope's StutterEdit a while ago and the way it works forced me to learn about Reaper's amazing routing. I started to really get into it over the last few projects - having one track's audio or even midi going out to a bunch of other tracks to insert a different effects chain on each track, and blending them all back into a single bus, and then colour-coding the set of tracks to create these bigger "units" for my instruments.

In other words: I think I'm actually learning how to mix! :D

I'm really happy with this last one because I've also really used alot of panning for the very first time. I feel like I'm making progress, but there's still some minor problems. I had to finally give up on with this one - I'd LOVE to get feedback on what I could do better and *especially* any hints on HOW to do it!!

Thanks for any help you might offer! Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/mostlyjustj/jlanthier-the-medicine-eastwest

Dr Bob
11-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Hi,

I have left a few comments for you on the track.

dB

mostlyjustj
11-30-2014, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the feedback Dr Bob, and others! I've reworked the track according to the suggestions that I could get to. The first half is almost exactly the same, and the second half is almost entirely different! :)