PDA

View Full Version : Sailing the rings of Saturn - Demo

BCF1
11-25-2014, 10:06 PM
https://soundcloud.com/bcf-1/sailing-the-rings-of-saturn-demo-idea

Different, stylistically from the tracks I've previously posted but likely to be similar in that it probably sounds like shit.

Even with a whopping 7 months recording experience and the two(2)Grammy nominations in that time I'm still humble and grounded enough to once again ask you, the citizens of Reaper Land to share some of the hard earned knowledge in the form of suggestions or tips on ways to improve upon the sound quality of this track.

Thanks BCF1

https://soundcloud.com/bcf-1/sailing-the-rings-of-saturn-demo-idea

sammydix
11-26-2014, 05:24 PM
sounds decent on the whole to me.
i supposed the standouts would be the bass sounds a bit low-mid-y.
and the lead guitar starting ~2:30 sounded separate from the rest
of the mix, and maybe just a hair loud.

that aside, i liked the tune except it screams for vocals.

Cosmic
11-26-2014, 05:26 PM
That mix is absolutely marvellous!

Its enormous..agree with Sammy it badly needs some vocals!

Upon closer inspection..I would make the guitar a bit brighter..a tad more presence.Although its sounding class as is.

BCF1
11-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Sammy and Cosmic Thank you for the imput !!!

I appreciate it and agree with you both. I got some time today and will try to address the bass and guitar and update the link.

VOCALS:
I heard my girlfriends daughter singing a song to her son that I was unfamiliar with, thought was very catchy and liked. I asked her about it and turns out it was a tune she had recently came up with just to sing to her son. I recorded her singing it on my phone then wrote the music based off that. With a few changes to her original melody line to hopefully make things fit. Soon I'll get her over to lay down the vocal tracks and see what we get. She's not a musician or vocalist per se but has a very nice singing voice.

This is one of only a few times I've worked this way,(writing music to existing lyrics and vocal)it was interesting and fun so far

Thanks Again ...........................BCF1