PDA

View Full Version : Lyric ideas and feedback please ...

Erpers
11-28-2014, 11:45 AM
https://soundcloud.com/landslide-victory/wave-again

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this demo track.
Provisionally called "Wave Again".

Where am I going right, where am I going wrong?
What should I change?
Lyrics advice.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks,

Erpers

Erpers
12-04-2014, 06:49 PM
If any of my fellow forum members would be kind enough to have a listen and offer feedback and / or advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

karbomusic
12-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Well there are no lyrics that I heard. :) That being said, it is usually IMHO impossible to judge much anything about a song that is intended to get lyrics until at least a vocal melody is there. It just changes the landscape of the song too much to make any decisions without it there.

Lyrics use melody and timing as their vehicle. So what I have always done when I have a progression I think I want vocals on... I will search for and create the melody and sing it even if the words are only syllables and gibberish that sound like words you can't understand. That creates the foundation and solidifies what the lyrics (as in words) will be built on.

I thought it sounded nice but you asked about lyrics so I offered a starting point. That starting point is the most important advice I can possibly give for getting from progression to lyric. If that one keyboard line is supposed to be the melody, then start singing it. ;)

Fex
12-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Where am I going right, where am I going wrong?
Your synths sound quite nice. I don't hear much in the way of percussion programming, though. It sounds like you just hit the 'Rock 1' preset on the Casio....