PDA

View Full Version : Kind of feel good instrumental tune

thequietroom
12-08-2014, 05:40 PM
https://soundcloud.com/cakewalkgg/the-season

Sort of Christmas season inspired and some shameless use of new EZkeys.. but hopefully enough guitar work to forgive me :)

I hope you enjoy, and any crits welcome.

mschuster
12-08-2014, 06:39 PM
love it! great tone, playing!

sammydix
12-11-2014, 08:05 AM
haven't been able to get to the forums much lately, so trying to play 'catchup'. Glad i caught this before it disappeared too far down the list. it's not 'mellow' per se, but i thought it had a cool chill factor, esp with the unexpected piano. beautiful tones going on too, like smooth crunch. what'd you use for the sustain?

thequietroom
12-11-2014, 02:49 PM
thanks guys

Sammy the guitar is pod HD. I have a fuzz box in the chain in front of the amp which I think helps with the sustain.

Jeffsounds
12-11-2014, 04:01 PM
I enjoyed it! Great playing and tone on the guitar and bass. Also listened to Haji's Kitchen. Good stuff!

hamish
12-12-2014, 04:42 AM
Also listened to Haji's Kitchen. Good stuff!

Me too gave one track a spin, that bass player ffs!

Did enjoy the 'feel good instrumental' too, sounded nice and organic despite the EZ instuments.

karbomusic
12-12-2014, 09:00 PM
thanks guys

Sammy the guitar is pod HD. I have a fuzz box in the chain in front of the amp which I think helps with the sustain.

Darn tootin, love me some fuzz box, especially before something else. I have like 6 or 7 of them lying around. :) Great chops and playing. It really amazes me how many completely different types of approaches and mixes exist around here yet all sound great in their own right.

thequietroom
12-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Darn tootin, love me some fuzz box, especially before something else. I have like 6 or 7 of them lying around. :) Great chops and playing. It really amazes me how many completely different types of approaches and mixes exist around here yet all sound great in their own right.

Thanks Karbo,

ya its turned all the way down but it helps get that pick scrapey chirpy thing happening

Gerry
12-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Just beautiful send me your fingers, lovely playing and lovely mix. I think I'll take up something else LOL :-)