PDA

View Full Version : Do you like The Replacements as much as I do?

p_wats
12-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Hey guys,

I've been sitting on this cover of The Replacements "Can't Hardly Wait" for a while now (have a million different versions at different tempos, etc. too) and finally decided to stop futzing and upload it.

I learn a lot with each new Reaper project and this one has been no different. I've since been investigating all the plugin deals going around (IK group buy, Plugin Alliance, Waves, etc.) and have learned even more, so this one already sounds a bit off to me, but I'll post it here anyway:

https://soundcloud.com/dog-is-blue/dog-is-blue-cant-hardly-wait-replacements-cover

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions (working on a Beach Boys song now, so tips are welcome!).

dug dog
12-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Had to google the band. :confused:
Loved your track. Nicely done.

Fex
12-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Loved your track. Nicely done.Dug dog digs DIB, dig? :D

I like it. I thought the sound of the guitar in the solo was perhaps a bit uninspired for something so in-yer-face, but this is a minor quibble.

p_wats
12-11-2014, 07:39 AM
Had to google the band. :confused:
Loved your track. Nicely done.

Thanks! They have been making a resurgence or late (touring again, etc.), but are basically known as one of the sloppiest, drunkest, banned from SNL-est, american bands.

p_wats
12-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Dug dog digs DIB, dig? :D

I like it. I thought the sound of the guitar in the solo was perhaps a bit uninspired for something so in-yer-face, but this is a minor quibble.

I appreciate the feedback. Funnily enough, it's more the acoustic guitar throughout that still bugs me a bit (definitely the result of poor source that no post-processing can save...should have re-recorded it).

I'm happy with the solo, but might have layered it a bit too much in retrospect.

Thanks for listening!