PDA

View Full Version : Dreams and Tigers

Gerry
12-13-2014, 08:37 AM
http://www.broadjam.com/player/player.php?hosting=1&play_file=22986_655304

Haven't recorded anthying for months and wasn't even sure to keep this or even post it up.

Sambo Rouge
12-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Gerry,

A fine piece of work, beautifully recorded. I love the the key changes and the tasteful use of reverb.

Lovely tone on your guitar and just the right touch from the bass.

Reminds me of Joan Bibiloni.

Beautiful work Gerry!

mschuster
12-13-2014, 09:54 AM
really like this Gerry! i'm partial to geetar, of course, and the beautiful tones one may capture - and this has plenty.

but as a musician in general, i really appreciate the arrangement and use of different rhythms/timbres from other instruments to create a beautiful landscape for the guitar. nicely done. shows a lot of class/experience.

love your chord progressions.. sweet!

sammydix
12-13-2014, 03:02 PM
this has 'mood' for days and days. so much atmosphere it's like the song has a soul of its own. i truly like this tune. wonderful.

karbomusic
12-13-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm a big fan of delay and reverb in certain contexts. This is right up one of the alleys I dig.

Gerry
12-15-2014, 07:05 AM
really like this Gerry! i'm partial to geetar, of course, and the beautiful tones one may capture - and this has plenty.

but as a musician in general, i really appreciate the arrangement and use of different rhythms/timbres from other instruments to create a beautiful landscape for the guitar. nicely done. shows a lot of class/experience.

love your chord progressions.. sweet!

Gerry,

A fine piece of work, beautifully recorded. I love the the key changes and the tasteful use of reverb.

Lovely tone on your guitar and just the right touch from the bass.

Reminds me of Joan Bibiloni.

Beautiful work Gerry!

this has 'mood' for days and days. so much atmosphere it's like the song has a soul of its own. i truly like this tune. wonderful.

I'm a big fan of delay and reverb in certain contexts. This is right up one of the alleys I dig.

Many thanks for your kind comments keeps an old fart like me on the go. I nearly binned this as the older I get the less I like what I do so I am glad I didn't.

hamish
12-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Very original and quite successful, nice work, and a good listen. Thanks for sharing.

Gerry
12-16-2014, 02:38 AM
Very original and quite successful, nice work, and a good listen. Thanks for sharing.

Many thanks.

oceanographer
12-20-2014, 12:56 PM
I was glad to see a new tune of yours up. This is another great one. I love the space you tend to create. And your guitar playing isn't too shabby either. :)

bluetinstar
12-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Great work Gerry !!!
Thankyou for sharing....
Fred

Gerry
12-21-2014, 05:05 AM
I was glad to see a new tune of yours up. This is another great one. I love the space you tend to create. And your guitar playing isn't too shabby either. :)

Thanks so much been a log time between this and the last one. Summer and life gets in the way sometimes LOL

Great work Gerry !!!
Thankyou for sharing....
Fred

Why thank you Fred appreciate your comments.

tspring
12-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Whoa! This recording is hypnotic. It creates a great lonely space that is sparsely but beautifully populated. It is difficult to create a recording of this type without sounding trite, but you have pulled it off. I really like the rhythmic elements. They really set up the mysterious feel of the recording. The Tabla-like drum evokes a bit of the feel of a sitar raga. Listening to an album of music like this would be a great way to wind down at the end of a hectic day. Nice recording quality too. You need monitors with really low extension to appreciate fully though.

T