PDA

View Full Version : Death Valley

stevewisnoski
12-21-2014, 08:23 PM
The 3rd attempt in Reaper for this one. As my skills grew,I had to remix stuff. Dark and cinematic, finale, garritan libraries, reaper, audacity on this https://m.soundcloud.com/steve-wisnoski/death-valley

Fex
12-21-2014, 10:05 PM
I really like your compositions, Steve, but I've got to be honest.... I'm often too acutely aware that what I'm listening to is not an orchestra. The timing is a little too precise in the opening seconds, and for the eight seconds after 1.00. Little details like plucked strings and high wind parts are a little too clear. I think a little touch of a massive hall reverb might help smudge everything up quite nicely.

The strings in this are quite delicious. Are you a Phillip Glass fan?

stevewisnoski
12-22-2014, 07:13 AM
I really like your compositions, Steve, but I've got to be honest.... I'm often too acutely aware that what I'm listening to is not an orchestra. The timing is a little too precise in the opening seconds, and for the eight seconds after 1.00. Little details like plucked strings and high wind parts are a little too clear. I think a little touch of a massive hall reverb might help smudge everything up quite nicely.

Thanks, Fex. I Am only now delving into using the humanize and learning to eq. I Have been going back over these files and remixing for about a month. I am using tal III reverb, and it's easy to overdo it. But I tried.

stevewisnoski
12-22-2014, 09:07 AM

I wonder, Fex, could you show me a screenshot of what a good humanize setting would be ? I am finding little on the subject on how to set the feature.

Fex
12-22-2014, 09:29 AM
I wonder, Fex, could you show me a screenshot of what a good humanize setting would be ? I'm the wrong person to ask. Beyond a very brief experiment circa 1993, I've never humanized anything. Well.... maybe a girlfriend or two....