PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to make an online funky rock band collab???

camerondye
12-29-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm a bass player and I've always wanted to do an original rock band that has a great funky rhythm section. I'm thinking of a more modern Mothers Finest or Living Colour without all the whammy bar. I have a wonderful drummer if none come up, I have some starter ideas but I really want a guitar player to collaborate and write the tunes. Obviously online it's going to be a little slow going but I'm ok with that if you are. I have a ton of equipment and can definitely make us sound great but I'm really wanting a collaboration of efforts.

Post on here to start but if something seems like it might click we will go from there.
Thanks,
Cameron

Fergler
12-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Music with lyrics or no?

camerondye
12-29-2014, 10:19 AM
I think so but whomever I start this with makes the decision together where we end up taking it honestly. I think in the end it will end up being in general a democracy where my vote would break a tie if an agreement couldn't be made. I don't want anybody to think I'm going to be a tyrant from that statement but in the end somebody has to be the go to guy for it to work in my experience.

Giano
12-29-2014, 10:20 AM
My lastname is "funk". Let me hear your ideas and we ll c...
how fonkey itīs gonna b...

https://soundcloud.com/giano-riff

camerondye
12-29-2014, 10:26 AM
I want to click with somebody before sharing anything but I can be as funky as needed but I'm definitely looking for something along the lines of a Living Colour rhythm section essentially. I've been playing bass 23 years and you can listen to the 5dye and cdlz examples of my playing and recording skills in my signature to get an idea of my talent or lack their of to gauge interest.

Giano
12-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Listened to some tracks, pretty mainstream ! (does not mean bad !)

Give me an example of some Living Color track - a link pls

Although I am more a p-funk player (Sly Stone, George Clinton, also Prince) I am versatile - somtimes haha