PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of Tangerines - KVR One Synth Challenge: Ragnarök

technogremlin
01-02-2015, 02:21 AM
The December 2014 KVR One Synth Challenge was about our (Full Bucket Music and myself) Ragnarök synthesizer. Here's my own track I submitted (just for the honor of participating), inspiration came from an obvious German synthesizer group from yesteryear.

https://soundcloud.com/gridlock-momentum/crimsonwarlock-dreaming-of-tangerines-ragnarok

All sounds are of course from Ragnarök. I used only sounds from the default preset bank that comes with the synthesizer, more or less like a sound demo, and I made all those sounds of course. Sounds where tweaked slightly for this track, but are still very much recognizable from the default presets :D

technogremlin
01-04-2015, 05:01 AM
Hmmmmm... so nobody here likes TD-style synthesizer stuff then :(

Tale
01-04-2015, 07:55 AM
TBH: Me, not really no... But I do think it is cool that you managed to do all that with just your own Ragnarök. :)

technogremlin
01-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Tried to edit the thread title but no cigar.

Wanted to add: inspired by TD/Hyperborea album.

Cosmic
01-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Hmmmmm... so nobody here likes TD-style synthesizer stuff then :(

I do.And this is great!

technogremlin
01-06-2015, 12:52 AM
I do.And this is great!

gmgmgm
01-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Fine work, very TDish (they're a regular part of my gym soundtrack).

I imagine it's very satisfying to make music you enjoy with a software instrument you've made yourself - getting ALL those 1's and 0's lined up just the way you like them. I've made a couple of meatspace instruments and find it adds something to the playing experience.

While I'm here, thanks for all your work on the Going Freeware thread. It's a great resource.

wiggy
01-06-2015, 06:34 PM
I love TD. Saw them on the Phaedra tour at the Guildford Civic back in the mists of time (late 70's if memory serves me) and was blown away!

technogremlin
01-08-2015, 02:09 AM
Fine work, very TDish (they're a regular part of my gym soundtrack).

I imagine it's very satisfying to make music you enjoy with a software instrument you've made yourself - getting ALL those 1's and 0's lined up just the way you like them. I've made a couple of meatspace instruments and find it adds something to the playing experience.

While I'm here, thanks for all your work on the Going Freeware thread. It's a great resource.

Thanks for the compliments. It is indeed great to make music with an instrument I designed myself (of course Björn, of Full Bucket fame, did the excellent coding). However, it is even more satisfying when a whole bunch of musicians/composers are going at it for a month and submit tracks that where made solely with 'my' synthesizer, pushing it into sonic territory beyond my own imagination. Total mood boost :D

Dr Bob
01-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Nice track and the TD influence is there (of course). I saw then on the Ricochet tour in 1975 - awesome in York Minster!

Super synth - and it's really quite surprising what amazing tracks people managed to compose using it.

BTW- it was fun doing it.

dB

technogremlin
01-10-2015, 03:15 AM
Super synth - and it's really quite surprising what amazing tracks people managed to compose using it.

Thanks for your reply :D

Yes, some incredible sound work in those tracks. I was blown away with what most of you came up with. Promises a lot for Ragnarök Mark-2, as that one will be even more 'performance oriented' and have some nice new goodies under the hood ;)