PDA

View Full Version : national security (shut)

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 01:56 AM
national security

https://soundcloud.com/wadosy/naitional-security-shut

2004. o I think... some guy in a chatroom perists in calling dubya "crusader bunnypants" and gets a visit from the FBI

listening to the soundcloud version... that first guitar sound kinda muddy and oppressive... maybe i'll remaster it, but i'g getting tired of mastering to compensate for soundcloud quirks

Fex
01-03-2015, 02:02 AM
"Naitional Security" actually.
Nice songs, but the worst spelling since Slade!

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 02:04 AM
... worst spelling since Slade!

lol...sorry

the chorus sound kinda weak to me... needs some kind of metal guitar or low down jaggedy syth bass under it, don't kyou think?

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 02:34 AM
it's absurd for a 71-year-old guy to be ambitious, but one of these days I'm gonna write a song that lends itself to backup harmony like this...

did it in a minute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipNGju1g6Cw

then i'll need backup singers, a bass player, drummer and keyboard player, too

f*cking nitwit

whiteaxxxe
01-03-2015, 05:27 AM
oh, visitors from the FBI? what is it with this forum? you dont go after GWB after all he has done for his country and the free world, dont you? :-)))

"they hate us for our freedom!" is the cite from him I like the most. so, Bill Maher called him "dumb little prick from Texas", I called him several times "a**hole" and the texan *dolf Hi*ler and nothing happened. oh, I did that in full public within the 1,st Obama campaign.

you should get your song to Neil Young's "Living With War Today" into the charts. have been there quite sucessfully with 2 songs derailing and insulting GWB ... (can you insult such a low life? I think not ...)

I like songs about that !"$%&/()=?... :D particularly when they are political correct and of a deep understanding for the principles that this boy stands for.

may he rot in hell ...

nice song, btw. :-))

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 06:12 AM
...Neil Young's "Living With War Today"...

thank you for that tip...

the whole situation smacks of desperation... the perps must be operating on the assumption that the oil wars will prolong the life of the empire... long enough, at least for them to die of old age or at least long enough to stack up enough loot to buy refuge when the sh*t hits the fan

I quit paying attention... everything fits into a pattern... it's pretty obvious what's going on, so I'm trying to ignore it in hopes it wll go away

it wont, of course, but I'm tired of hating these spirit-curdling c*cksuckers

Fex
01-03-2015, 07:38 AM
I'm tired of hating these spirit-curdling c*cksuckers
Good. Hatred is an attracting force, same as love.
Try loathing them spirit-curdling c*cksuckers instead.

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 07:52 AM
...Try loathing...

yeah, they say half a loath is better than none...

meanwhile, I don't think ou brits ever gav up on your doofus little empire... you just tricked he dumb americans into doin the heavy lifting for you

big shootout in the end... druids vs. Zionists...

that oughta be comical

Fex
01-03-2015, 08:06 AM
I don't think ou brits ever gav up on your doofus little empire... you just tricked he dumb americans into doin the heavy lifting for you LOL
No, Eisenhower pulled the plug on what remained our doofus little empire when it was about to give Egypt a good kicking, take the Suez canal back and destroy Nasser. If the Merkins had only been consulted, we might have kept up the illusion for a while, I suppose....

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 08:14 AM
No, Eisenhower pulled the plug...

ike was the last merkin pres to successfully defy Israel... but Israel was founded by the brits as a foothold in the middle eas oil patch...

so it's kinda complicated until you look back at the history of brit coal production, the royal navy's need to switch over to oil, brit oil discoveries int the middle east, Zionist influence in the US and all the rest of it

it's kinda complicated until you watch long enough for the pattern to emerge, then it's not vry complicated at all

ike's upsetting the apple cart at suez was just a temporary setback in view of what's happened since

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 08:04 PM
I don't know...

you gotta love humanity for doing stuff like this despite the spirit-curdling c*cksuckers....

Ants Marching/Ode To Joy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GLE-16_3g

Flash Mob - Ode an die Freude ( Ode to Joy )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJcQYVtZMo

...or maybe I've got it backwards... maybe humanity does stuff like this because of the spirit-curdling c*cksuckers...

making amends

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 09:04 PM
the train of logic is pretty simple...

if music weren't useful as a survival mechanism, it wouldn't exist

Jason Brian Merrill
01-03-2015, 09:09 PM
wadosy

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 09:13 PM
what?

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 09:44 PM
if music is useful as a survival mechanism, it can be weaponized to ensure survival of the music producers...

cant it?

...the next step in this dismal train of logic

if you're serious about writing songs, you got to be thinking about sh*t like this

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 09:58 PM
...the problem being, truth seems to energize people, and a good song is truthful

hamish
01-03-2015, 10:30 PM
It might seem dismal, but you're on to something, that's why people write stuff like this:

I like songs about that !"$%&/()=?... particularly when they are political correct and of a deep understanding for the principles that this boy stands for.

You wadosy have two things, a superior understanding and the ability to write brilliant lyrics

flickervetigo
01-03-2015, 10:38 PM
...brilliant lyrics

why don't you do a brilliant bass line for this song?

hamish
01-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Sorry ... going away on holiday for 3 weeks ...

Jorgen
01-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Jorgen
01-09-2015, 10:48 AM
if music is useful as a survival mechanism, it can be weaponized to ensure survival of the music producers...

cant it?

Weapon this and that... for me, music itself is the goal. Recognition and money? Well, you can have that in small doses, I guess. Or adapt. To something. I don't know. Are you not free to do the music you like? Well, that sucks.

flickervetigo
01-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Are you not free to do the music you like? Well, that sucks.

most websites have gatekeepers that ban anyone that get too close to the truth, and the commercial information distribution system is already pretty tightly controlled

it isn't critical yet, but as economic conditions worsen, it's likely to get critical... which is okay, because the control machinery is already in place and functioning pretty well

but as conditions worsen, they'll have to abandon this pretense of free speech and democracy, and we'll have an overt police state

...unless the empire is successful in regaining control of Russian energy and Chinese access to energy...

that would prolong the agony

good deal

flickervetigo
01-10-2015, 06:03 PM
the system is still working tolerably well for most people, although I doubt that many of them believe in the systm's supposed benevolence or honesty or integrity

doesn't matter though, not so long as people are doing okay

carter tried to tell us about the problem in 1977... the "moral eqkuvalent of war", but that was the truth and the truth is intolerable and politically incoorect... so carter got booted out after one term and we got Reagan, a B movie cowboy hero as president

one good deal after another

morgon
01-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Ive got several projects in the works atm, just dl'd the OP track to put in the rotation, the track is good, plus 71 with ambition is reason enough.

hamish
01-10-2015, 07:14 PM
... plus 71 with ambition is reason enough.

hear, hear. (here again for a minute, but still on holidays...)

morgon
01-10-2015, 09:54 PM
FlVetigo, do you know the BPM? [if recorded to click]

If not, thats ok, if its on a grid though then I set it the same way for expediency.

flickervetigo
01-10-2015, 11:09 PM
FlVetigo, do you know the BPM?

looks like 123 BPM, judging from the drum track... the drkum track is kinda ragged because I played it by hand in one pass... but it stays uniformly ragged at the project BPM, which is 123...

morgon
01-11-2015, 12:32 AM
Ok, thanks, I'll make a full effort to add something good also.

flickervetigo
01-11-2015, 12:37 AM
Ok, thanks, I'll make a full effort to add something good also.

good deal... this oughta be fun

Jorgen
01-11-2015, 02:13 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hclo5tp2xd7sw0g/naitional150111a.mp3?dl=0

This is secret agent-claustrophobic... sort of. Maybe you can use it.

flickervetigo
01-11-2015, 06:17 PM
...Maybe you can use it.

I bet it would work as a bridge... the song's too short, anyhow

not to mention the fact that it sounds better than the original version

*shrug*

flickervetigo
01-11-2015, 09:25 PM
move over, decemberists... there's some new kids in town ...lol

national security Jorgen

https://soundcloud.com/wadosy/naitional-securityjorgen

Jorgen
01-11-2015, 09:36 PM
I bet it would work as a bridge... the song's too short, anyhow

Plenty of room for vocals and electrics and whathaveyou...

edit - this forum updates like, idk... but Yeah!

flickervetigo
01-11-2015, 10:33 PM
this version is 132 BPM

the chords are, verse: A, D, F#m, E... A, D, F#m, E. A

chorus: F#m, D, F#m, B7, D, B7, E x 2

that first "shut" is a B7, but I didn't know the song yet when I did the second guitar, and I played an E instead of B7... it didn't sound too bad so I left it

thank you, Jorgen

EDIT: I should add that the staccato eighth note guitar seems necessary... I tried to add a keyboard bass in eighth notes, but I couldn't get it to work

that guitar ]part is pretty bad out of time in laces, but...

Jorgen
01-12-2015, 03:23 AM
This is catchy... you should be able to add a little more music - a solo? - and some bv's... 8-notes, right... maybe a shaker could overdub them? Well, your call... I'd love to sing along in some form. Just say the word.

morgon
01-12-2015, 04:01 AM
Ive done a bassline for the 1st version and bvs at 1st chorus, stuff that I think sounds good but Im not offended even if you use none of it. I agree a solo section could be added, could be just a verse or chorus section or maybe a slightly altered chorus section [old trick, still good] or a bridge such as was mentioned. I'll post what I got so far in a day or two.

flickervetigo
01-12-2015, 06:21 AM
... I'd love to sing along in some form.,,

sing wherever you want, as much as you want... but I still think the chorus needs beefing up

do we agree that the faster tempo is better?

that B7 on the first "shut" should go back in, but it's probably not worth fooling with until we get the final structure of the song down

needs an instrumental and a bridge, and I don't have a clue... maybe it's time to put it away and wait for something to pop out rather than trying to force something...

Jorgen
01-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Keep the faith... this is good... no need to abandon ship, as it were... and what's wrong with peace and love and pitbulls?

Oh yes, the tempo... I didn't mind, totally okay. Difficult for me to say if it's better... but the faster tempo doesn't seem to ruin anything... the song is simple and strong, a good sign.

morgon
01-12-2015, 06:53 AM
I kinda like the 123bpm tempo as it suits the song content being a lament but I'm not against choosing the faster tempo, anyways I'll post what I've done tmrw morning, then run with whatever is decided.

The tempo when significantly altered by say 10bpm can make a diff in what is played, bvs etc, not better or worse, just different so its good to establish tempo early if possible.

morgon
01-12-2015, 07:02 AM
I can do an inst part over whats already there, then that can easily be transferred to a verse or chorus section copy/pasted that has just the backing track.

flickervetigo
01-12-2015, 07:06 AM
I kinda like the 123bpm tempo as it suits the song content being a lament...

that's another reason to let the thing cool off for a couple days... I used to be able to drink enough and smoke enough dope that I'd forget the song as I was walking across the room to rewind... every time I heard it was like the first time

the good ol' days

flickervetigo
01-12-2015, 07:16 AM
I can do an inst part over whats already there, then that can easily be transferred to a verse or chorus section copy/pasted that has just the backing track.

okay

if you or Jorgen or anybody's got any ideas for a bridge, please post them

flickervetigo
01-12-2015, 07:34 AM
about collaborating...

those frizell guys, lefy's younger borthers, had this club in the san Joaquin valley where I'd hang out at... they listened to my songs, and the subject of collaboration came up...

they, including shelly west --dolly's daughter, married then to alan-- seemed to agree that you became co-writer of a song if ou suggested changing one word of a song

those people grew up in the music business, so that must be accepted practice

but the paranoia about song sharks got pretty tiresome

morgon
01-12-2015, 11:01 AM
No songwriting claims here on any these collabs from me no matter whats added to the song.

Heres a version of the 1st chorus, no need to point out the flaws afa performance of harmonies, mix levels etc, I rendered right off the workfile with no tweaking.

https://app.box.com/s/ar05pplj0w2qclm58ald

Jorgen
01-12-2015, 01:09 PM
electric mix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfn83w7dxxcgp67/naitionalsecjorgen_b.mp3?dl=0

Only testing.

flickervetigo
01-12-2015, 01:31 PM
electric mix: [url]

Only testing.

thanks for the warning... I was expecting Jorgen singing, though

I'm gonna let this thing go for a while, see if a bridge pops up... practice it and see if I can come up with some kind of fake hamhanded lead...

I used to throw away about 3/4 of the songs I wrote... maybe that's the probem with all this fancy machinery... you can make anything, no matter how lousy, sound okay

meanwhile, thank you and thanks to morgon for your efforts