PDA

View Full Version : Song I previously posted months ago....(acoustic)

oceanographer
01-17-2015, 09:50 AM
https://soundcloud.com/ryan-howell-15/the-oak-tree

I posted this awhile back looking for some ideas on improving it. I've worked on it a lot since then, and I think it's as done as I can get it. Its an acoustic song, some vocals, Rhodes VST, and very minimal amounts of electronic additives.

sammydix
01-18-2015, 10:05 AM
oh man, i love the sound of those acoustics! crisp and clear. very smooth, almost psychedelic in ways.

Sambo Rouge
01-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Beautiful arrangement as I've come to expect from you --- and while I agree with Sammy that the guitar is crisp and well recorded, I found that the lyrics are for the most part unclear -- I could only understand a few of them.

Other than that, a lovely piece.

oceanographer
01-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys! I originally recorded my cheaper guitar on this. Afterwards I bought a Martin OM-21 to record with, planning on doing some stellar takes, and I could never get a good recording with it. It didn't sound rich enough to me. Sounds great playing, just not recorded. Maybe after it breaks in for awhile...

Not sure about the vocals. I already feel like they're louder than I'm comfortable with. Maybe some better EQing to open up the vocal space a bit?

Cosmic
01-19-2015, 11:05 PM
I just want to say I think this sounds absolutely magnificent.

And is a beautiful composition.

I would leave it just as it is

Sambo Rouge
01-21-2015, 01:22 AM
Yes, you're right the vocals ARE loud engough but not clear, maybe too much verb on the vox --- not sure of the fix, maybe someone else could suggest something.

When you have vox on a bed of reverb sounds, it can be quite tricky.

Listened to it again --- lovey composition.

Jorgen
01-21-2015, 05:50 AM
Beautiful, thank you. Only thing would be the "off-key" notes in the ending/outro, in the right can, monosynth?... that may be a matter of taste.