PDA

View Full Version : My new mix: Luka Masiya

LOSANO
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Here is the link to my new song. Please, I would to have your constructive critics. Thanks.
https://soundcloud.com/wbc-studio/luka-masiya

LOSANO
02-21-2015, 07:25 PM
https://soundcloud.com/wbc-studio/luka-masiya

Cosmic
02-21-2015, 07:54 PM
MASSIVE leap forward Losano!!

This sounds brilliant

Your mixing is really coming along

LOSANO
02-21-2015, 08:18 PM
MASSIVE leap forward Losano!!

This sounds brilliant

Your mixing is really coming along

Thank you, I really took into account all your constructive critics on my last music video. I used it as a motivation.

Mink99
02-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Sounds really convincing, respect.

Some two thoughts...

The drums and the percussions sound like programmed, not as if a real drummer would play. And as far as I know this style of music, it depends very much on the drums. Give it a try to humanize, add subtle shifts and shuffles, play with the dynamics put emphasis on some phrases or to lower. Add imperfection....

The guitars are wonderfully played. Maybe you could also give some more distortion, phasing and flagging a try. These fast accented arpeggios may get a slow shuffle from the speed of the effects, which might add to the overall rhythm. Hard to explain , it might give a laid back, or bluesy shuffle which shifts the peaks from the even counters 2 and 4 back to the odd counters. In combination with the staccato voices and guitars this will be a polyrhythmic approach. Somehow. And add some subtle distortion to the guitar . It sounds too clean. IMHO

This as usually is my personal opinion, not meant to be disrespectful. I like that tune...

LOSANO
02-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Sounds really convincing, respect.

Some two thoughts...

The drums and the percussions sound like programmed, not as if a real drummer would play. And as far as I know this style of music, it depends very much on the drums. Give it a try to humanize, add subtle shifts and shuffles, play with the dynamics put emphasis on some phrases or to lower. Add imperfection....

The guitars are wonderfully played. Maybe you could also give some more distortion, phasing and flagging a try. These fast accented arpeggios may get a slow shuffle from the speed of the effects, which might add to the overall rhythm. Hard to explain , it might give a laid back, or bluesy shuffle which shifts the peaks from the even counters 2 and 4 back to the odd counters. In combination with the staccato voices and guitars this will be a polyrhythmic approach. Somehow. And add some subtle distortion to the guitar . It sounds too clean. IMHO

This as usually is my personal opinion, not meant to be disrespectful. I like that tune...

I really appreciate your honest opinion.

hamish
02-24-2015, 07:28 PM
I'll agree, this track shows a big improvement. Timing and intonation is much better.

Mixwise I would automate the bass volume during the first 3:30, some notes are just too loud.

At the change at 3:30 bass level sounds just right. Good stuff.

SaulT
02-24-2015, 10:50 PM
Wow, there's a lot going on in this track. After turning it down (is it just me, or is it mixed hot?) I have to say that overall I like the track a lot. The vocals sound great. The two parts that do distract me a little are how forward the bass is and the piano thing in the left channel. I think the track would benefit from having the bass pulled back a little, and there's something about the piano's timing and tone that is very distracting the first three minutes especially. Like, it's just a little off and maybe competing a little too much for front stage when it feels like it should be giving more room to the vocals.

Points for clarity, presentation, and for just having fun.