PDA

View Full Version : Before the Star Dust Settles

Fictional Substance
03-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Back after some time away. This new one is a bit experimental for me and I had a great time making it. I don't know what genre it really is, but to me it's a blend of rock guitar and electronic. The guitar work comes in fully at about 2:24 if you get impatient. Give it a listen if you've got the time and let me know what you think. Thanks! Here's the link: https://soundcloud.com/fictionalsubstance/before-the-star-dust-settles

bluetinstar
03-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Fabulous track !!! Really enjoyed it !
Thanks for sharing....

Best
Fred

Fictional Substance
03-16-2015, 03:23 PM
Thanks, Fred.

Sambo Rouge
03-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Hey Fico,

Very good track, the guitar was worth the wait --- beautiful and smooth as silk.

Unlike Zeekat, I didn't think the glitches helped much(just a very personal thing)but overall, it was a lovely piece of inventive music.

Nice one.

mschuster
03-16-2015, 06:05 PM
ok, first off, love the "dance" vide kick in the beginning. kudos for thinking outside the box! that's what makes interesting music. not the same old kick from a toontrack EZX (like me.. ;) ). beautiful creative stereo effects... lush guitar... wonderful use of the stereo space. you pull the ear out with that synth and then draw it back in with the guitar and melody. a LOT of interesting sounds... really keeps the ear trained on the song.. great anticipation from the guitar leads.. love 2:42!! almost SATCH like.. love it. great and interesting playing. love that delayed stutter... how the hell are you doing that?? lol.. ;) the only bad thing about this is it ended too soon!! lovely my friend. major pat on the back!

m5blackmond
03-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Whoa this is way different than what you usually do! (Or at least, the stuff I've heard from you). But, that just goes to show you're diverse. It feels super dark sometimes, which I can definitely dig.

2:24 -- oh who's this li'l guy? 2:35 OH THERE YOU ARE.

Loved that. Good lead work here. I like the glitching stuff. I think it's really cool. Do you just cut everything out real quick for like a quarter of beat?

SaulT
03-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Made for very nice listening. Thank you!

Fictional Substance
03-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Sambo: Thanks for checking it out. I really appreciate the feedback.

Mark: I think you listen more keenly than I do! I had a good time making this. I actually thought of you while jamming this. Wierd, huh? I'm not entirely sure why. Never met you, but your playing has left an impression on me. It's hard to explain. I'll leave it at that.

Michael: I think the time spent away from recording brought something different out. I hadn't even played guitar for a month or more. I bought a cello back in December and have been practicing the hell out of it and neglected my usual creative process. As for the weird fx, it's just some creative use of Glitch. The fluttery run up in the solo is a cross-fade between an effected track and non-effected.

SaulT: Thanks for listening and commenting!