PDA

View Full Version : parallel, series

read
04-07-2015, 07:34 AM
hi

when plugins run in parallel, what happens?

one does not get into other? but what? i don't really understand what happens when they are in parallel

whiteaxxxe
04-07-2015, 07:39 AM
what do you mean by parallel? how do you set up something that you consider being "parallel"?

13lues
04-07-2015, 08:07 AM
I'm not sure how you're achieving it, but parallel would mean that one effect does not get modulated by the second effect. Example: Series of chorus going into reverb - the chorus effect would be modulated by the reverb effect. In parallel that doesn't happen.

…..I think.

Otto Tune
04-07-2015, 08:12 AM
You might have a look at section 15.12 of the User Guide for some examples of using plugins in parallel and ways of doing that with REAPER's track channels.

karbomusic
04-07-2015, 08:37 AM
You do it in the effects chain using Reaper's internal track channels (there are 64 of them). And yes, they run parallel and you rejoin them at the end of the chain back into channels 1/2.

ashcat_lt
04-07-2015, 09:21 AM
The original signal is "split" into two copies. One copy goes through one effect and the other copy goes through the other effect. You then normally mix them back together. One effect is not really impacted by the other. "What happens" in terms of how it sounds really depends on what effects you're using.

karbo's way is one way to do it, but maybe not the easiest to get your head around at first. Sends to seperate tracks for each effect is maybe a little easier to set up, see, and understand for a noob.