PDA

View Full Version : lice-cap does not work anymor

TheWhistler
02-06-2016, 12:25 AM
Hey there,

does anybody else encounter this strange behaviour?

I wanted to make some little animated gifs with licecap, as I often did before.
But now licecap just sits in my taskbar and doing nothing.
I just can open another window that tells me it has stopped working.
Then I have to terminate it....:confused:

Tale
02-06-2016, 02:28 AM
Windows? Mac OS X? OS version?

TheWhistler
02-06-2016, 02:51 AM
Windows? Mac OS X? OS version?

dumb me

Of course: Win7x64

Tale
02-06-2016, 03:52 AM
LICEcap v1.26 seems to work fine here (on Win7 Pro x64).

M4347
02-09-2016, 06:28 AM
Hey there,

does anybody else encounter this strange behaviour?

I wanted to make some little animated gifs with licecap, as I often did before.
But now licecap just sits in my taskbar and doing nothing.
I just can open another window that tells me it has stopped working.
Then I have to terminate it....:confused:

I've been having this same problem with LiceCap v1.26 on Windows 10. It had been working perfectly but now just sits at the bottom of my task bar, and if I hover over it just has a small window with not responding.

The strange thing is I recorded and saved a gif, closed the program, went to open it up again 10 minutes later and that's when this happened. I've tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, even tried to reinstall it to a different drive and a I get the same issue, where it just sits on the taskbar not responding. Nothing else on the PC had changed, I even ran a cleanup on registry files etc before reinstalling.

It would be great to know how to fix this as it was the best gif recording software I've used.

TheWhistler
02-09-2016, 06:30 AM
I've been having this same problem with LiceCap v1.26 on Windows 10. It had been working perfectly but now just sits at the bottom of my task bar, and if I hover over it just has a small window with not responding.

The strange thing is I recorded and saved a gif, closed the program, went to open it up again 10 minutes later and that's when this happened. I've tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, even tried to reinstall it to a different drive and a I get the same issue, where it just sits on the taskbar not responding. Nothing else on the PC had changed, I even ran a cleanup on registry files etc before reinstalling.

It would be great to know how to fix this as it was the best gif recording software I've used.

Because of this and the urgent need of a screen capturing software I tried screen to gif.
It worked well. So you might want to try it.

M4347
02-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Because of this and the urgent need of a screen capturing software I tried screen to gif.
It worked well. So you might want to try it.

Thanks, I have been using that since LiceCap stopped working. Just seems to take longer to save a gif, and I'm sure LiceCap was a slightly better quality so would be nice to have it working again someday.

NathL
02-09-2016, 09:39 PM
played with it last hour, still ok...

TheWhistler
02-10-2016, 01:49 AM
It always worked like a charm until now. I donīt know what happened.
Just sits in the tastbar doing nothing.

Justin
02-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Sounds like maybe it got positioned offscreen... try deleting your licecap.ini, or you can do the alt+space, m, mouse move trick...

M4347
02-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Sounds like maybe it got positioned offscreen... try deleting your licecap.ini, or you can do the alt+space, m, mouse move trick...

You are a hero! Deleting the licecap.ini file worked perfectly! Thank you! :D

TheWhistler
02-13-2016, 08:06 AM

Thankīs for your reply. I am sorry but I canīt find the licecap.ini.
Should it be in the installation path/folder, where the exe also resides?

Edit: Very strange, there was no licecap.ini in my licecap folder.
I frankly built one from an empty text-file. Just renamed it "licecap.ini" - what a wonder, licecap came up again, wroking as expected.
Canīt believe that worked.:confused::)

M4347
02-14-2016, 08:28 AM
Thankīs for your reply. I am sorry but I canīt find the licecap.ini.
Should it be in the installation path/folder, where the exe also resides?

Edit: Very strange, there was no licecap.ini in my licecap folder.
I frankly built one from an empty text-file. Just renamed it "licecap.ini" - what a wonder, licecap came up again, wroking as expected.
Canīt believe that worked.:confused::)

Glad to hear yours is back up and working again to. The ini file wasn't in the LiceCap folder, for me it was under users\<username>\appdata\roaming on my C drive (have licecap installed on E). Still long as you got it working :)