PDA

View Full Version : Tunes Dedicated to Peace Keepers

Nystagmus
02-26-2016, 03:58 PM
Inter-Planetary Peace (Reality Mix)
https://soundcloud.com/nystagmuse/inter-planetary-peace-reality-mix

Inter-Dimensional Peace (Alt-Mix)
https://soundcloud.com/nystagmuse/inter-dimensional-peace-alt-mix

These are free high-resolution FLAC audio files you are welcome to download.
You can play them with VLC media Player or Foobar2000 or Audacious or whatnot.

I'm really happy with how these turned out.

OPI
02-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Whoa! Great job. Seems very well mixed and produced. The bass is fantastic. Did you make it?

This kind of stuff makes me feel pretty inferior. . :(

msore
02-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Enjoying. Muscular but friendly. Steady but still constantly surprising. Nothing muddy in this, but nothing overly pure either. Like it.

Nystagmus
02-29-2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks so much for listening and for the compliments, guys. I really appreciate it.

@OPI, the sounds were a combination of presets I made myself and others that came with my VSTi's that I edited to my tastes. I recently spent a few weeks going through almost all of my presets and deleting everything that didn't measure up and editing everything else to match my style better.

This was one of my first tune sets after having done that.

Since I used a few different basses instead of just one, I'm not sure which sound you mean, but I can tell you I used these synths:

Image-Line Toxic Biohazard
Vember Surge
Synth1 VST (freeware)

Part of my signature sound is synth sounds that are compound musical notes, almost like chords, but played not as chords but as instruments. I always like that sound.

I think I also may have used Plex or ZynAddSubFX, but I can't remember for sure. Those are freeware if you are interested in them.

Please don't feel inferior. It takes a lot of work and luck to pull off track-making. I've been working on electronic music since about 1990 and I had piano lessons for about 11 years before that. Also I went to Sound Engineering college. I really ought to be a lot better than I am.
I suffer from a mental illness and am currently unemployed so music is something that I have time for when I'm not ill from my mental illness or from the side effects of my medicines.

Stay positive and keep making tracks and finishing them even if they don't measure up to expectations. They will get better over time. Focus on your strengths instead of your weaknesses and you will go really far.

@msore,

Thanks so much also. I'm glad the mix came out alright. I don't have very good monitors so a lot of it is luck mixed with best guesses. I like your comments. It seems like you really understand my music (also).

My main wish is for somebody somewhere to feel better because of the music so I am glad at least you guys enjoy the tunes. I haven't had much listening stats on SoundCloud yet so every response matters.

Peace be with all you guys (and any gals out there).

OPI
02-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Thanks so much for listening and for the compliments, guys. I really appreciate it.

@OPI, the sounds were a combination of presets I made myself and others that came with my VSTi's that I edited to my tastes. I recently spent a few weeks going through almost all of my presets and deleting everything that didn't measure up and editing everything else to match my style better.

This was one of my first tune sets after having done that.

Since I used a few different basses instead of just one, I'm not sure which sound you mean, but I can tell you I used these synths:

Image-Line Toxic Biohazard
Vember Surge
Synth1 VST (freeware)

Part of my signature sound is synth sounds that are compound musical notes, almost like chords, but played not as chords but as instruments. I always like that sound.

I think I also may have used Plex or ZynAddSubFX, but I can't remember for sure. Those are freeware if you are interested in them.

Please don't feel inferior. It takes a lot of work and luck to pull off track-making. I've been working on electronic music since about 1990 and I had piano lessons for about 11 years before that. Also I went to Sound Engineering college. I really ought to be a lot better than I am.
I suffer from a mental illness and am currently unemployed so music is something that I have time for when I'm not ill from my mental illness or from the side effects of my medicines.

Stay positive and keep making tracks and finishing them even if they don't measure up to expectations. They will get better over time. Focus on your strengths instead of your weaknesses and you will go really far.

@msore,

Thanks so much also. I'm glad the mix came out alright. I don't have very good monitors so a lot of it is luck mixed with best guesses. I like your comments. It seems like you really understand my music (also).

My main wish is for somebody somewhere to feel better because of the music so I am glad at least you guys enjoy the tunes. I haven't had much listening stats on SoundCloud yet so every response matters.

Peace be with all you guys (and any gals out there).

Very inspriational. Thanks for that dude. Well you seem pretty good already! I just hope I eventually get to a point similar to this and I'm sure I will someday. Work work work. Again thanks dude.