PDA

View Full Version : Internet recording project

Mtrev009
03-13-2016, 09:22 PM
www.soundcloud.com/endset
If anyone is interested let me know. Guitarists, vocalists, bassists..

OPI
03-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Not a guitarist bassist or vocalist. Sorry ;)

Mtrev009
03-13-2016, 10:15 PM
Not a guitarist bassist or vocalist. Sorry ;)

What do you do?

OPI
03-13-2016, 11:06 PM
Kind of kidding but kind of not. I Make Dance music so i mostly deal with keys.

Here's a track i made all itb. I've recently been leaning towards this style of music lately.

https://soundcloud.com/toy-gun/dimitrov

OPI
03-13-2016, 11:09 PM
But clearly different targets :)

Mtrev009
03-14-2016, 07:14 AM
Dude..that was nice man. Great job. Good quality as well.

BobF
03-14-2016, 07:36 AM
OPI: Cool tune!

Mtrev: If you make it downloadable ... I don't know if I can come up with a keeper or not, but I wouldn't mind jamming to it a bit to see what comes out of my guitar.

ivansc
03-14-2016, 08:28 AM
Well done OP - shame you did the "Poland by Wednesday" bit in the main forum! :D

Since you have stopped "showing your arse" in here, I will give it a go, but yes - a D/L link would be handy.
Recording off soundcloud directly is a pain.

FWIW I am all three - guitarist bassist singer.

Just had another listen - is there anyway you can take the bass part off?
Kinda hard to jam a bass part when there is already one there.
I like the drum sounds till it gets to the machine gun kick. Bit passe.

Mtrev009
03-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Download link.. ya just send me your email in a private message and I'll send it to you. I'm at work right now..but I will make a link downloadable.

BobF
03-14-2016, 11:57 AM
You could just PM it to me.

Mtrev009
03-14-2016, 01:40 PM
Well done OP - shame you did the "Poland by Wednesday" bit in the main forum! :D

Since you have stopped "showing your arse" in here, I will give it a go, but yes - a D/L link would be handy.
Recording off soundcloud directly is a pain.

FWIW I am all three - guitarist bassist singer.

Just had another listen - is there anyway you can take the bass part off?
Kinda hard to jam a bass part when there is already one there.
I like the drum sounds till it gets to the machine gun kick. Bit passe.

Ya when I get off work I will render it without the bass guitar and send it your way as well..

Mtrev009
03-14-2016, 01:45 PM

Ya when I get off work I'll send it your way.

OPI
03-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Dude..that was nice man. Great job. Good quality as well.

Thanks. If you ever need any synth parts just pm me.

Mtrev009
03-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Thanks. If you ever need any synth parts just pm me.

Hell ya man..I definitely will. A talented keyboardist is hard to come by. I will for sure. Thanks.

OPI
03-14-2016, 08:50 PM
Hell ya man..I definitely will. A talented keyboardist is hard to come by. I will for sure. Thanks.

I Wouldn't say "Talented" would be the word to use. Although I appreciate the idea :)

Also, since your somewhat new to reaper (I'm assuming), a thing to understand about the people on these forums. .

SOME ARE VERY SMART.

Sit quiet and Learn from them. Especially when the hard hitters come around. Know it all's Benefit far less then the humble ones.

Oh and read the manual if you haven't already. Its a magic book that gives you all the answers ;)

Mtrev009
03-14-2016, 10:00 PM
I Wouldn't say "Talented" would be the word to use. Although I appreciate the idea :)

Also, since your somewhat new to reaper (I'm assuming), a thing to understand about the people on these forums. .

SOME ARE VERY SMART.

Sit quiet and Learn from them. Especially when the hard hitters come around. Know it all's Benefit far less then the humble ones.

Oh and read the manual if you haven't already. Its a magic book that gives you all the answers ;)

Thanks for the advice.. That's why Im here, to learn. Hopefully quite a bit. You seem like a cool cat. I'm sure I could learn from you as well.

Mtrev009
03-14-2016, 10:06 PM

Hey I tried to pm you but it seems the link is frozen. Send me your email..

Mtrev009
03-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Kind of kidding but kind of not. I Make Dance music so i mostly deal with keys.

Here's a track i made all itb. I've recently been leaning towards this style of music lately.

https://soundcloud.com/toy-gun/dimitrov

I listened to that again..its really good.

OPI
03-14-2016, 11:20 PM
Thanks man Im glad you enjoyed it!

JSantos
03-15-2016, 05:14 AM
Guitarist and scorer here.

Shoot me up! :)

Reminds me of the remixed background music from the Brutal Doom game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAAntuU95UM

ivansc
03-16-2016, 09:07 AM
I am back in the UK (where my studio is) on Saturday, so eagerly awaiting the track sans bass....

What happened to your other thread in General, byw?
Did you start a new one or did the mods slice and dice the old one?

Mtrev009
03-16-2016, 11:01 AM
I am back in the UK (where my studio is) on Saturday, so eagerly awaiting the track sans bass....

What happened to your other thread in General, byw?
Did you start a new one or did the mods slice and dice the old one?

Great! I'm excited to hear it. Should definitely be interesting. I have alot of material as well. Just not recorded on Reaper. I ran protools on my laptop but it died. So I figured I would try a new DAW.

I started a new one..

The Telenator
03-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Even though the first 0:15 sounds exactly like what my clothes dryer has been doing lately, I really like what you have so far -- in particular, I am totally into that snare you have on that!

I've simply got to change things around and come up with more free time, because the track sounds exactly like something I'd love to jump into -- guitars, keys, or even vocals if the perfect singer doesn't magically appear. Sadly, I have no time right now, but I'm going to make a note to tag your page on SoundCloud and postings on this page and hopefully follow your progress.

I think that is a dangerous track you have linked here.

Mtrev009
03-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Even though the first 0:15 sounds exactly like what my clothes dryer has been doing lately, I really like what you have so far -- in particular, I am totally into that snare you have on that!

I've simply got to change things around and come up with more free time, because the track sounds exactly like something I'd love to jump into -- guitars, keys, or even vocals if the perfect singer doesn't magically appear. Sadly, I have no time right now, but I'm going to make a note to tag your page on SoundCloud and postings on this page and hopefully follow your progress.

I think that is a dangerous track you have linked here.

Thanks alot..Hopefully you find yourself with some free time soon. I added you to my contacts.. Looking forward to hearing/working with you.