PDA

View Full Version : Full band live recording with Pop/Folk artist!

HugoRibeiroDotCom
04-19-2016, 05:20 AM
Howdy folks!

This is a full band recording I did with an artist I play with called Bruno Pato. (https://www.facebook.com/brunopatomusico)
We did a 5 song recording in a small theater.

Here are 2 songs. Other 3 will come very soon and I'll post them here.
Language is in Portuguese.

cheers

"Mais Vale Tarde"
4u1fW76dTPU

"Abraça-me Sempre"
c1J63lRSUds

"Um Velho Idiota"
z6qNqSquRt4

"Vamos Fugir"
QolInBCqgKQ

"Estação Dos Sentimentais"
-OSwHXOk81I

PS- My new website is up and running. Hope you guys dig it!

msore
04-19-2016, 08:35 AM
Hugo. I found the two songs to be enjoyable as performances and technically superb as recordings.

The songs themselves, however, don't have enough 'there' there to justify the 4-5 minutes of stretching out. Although all the musicians were skilled, although the sound was perfectly mixed and balanced, although the singer was great and the arrangement was solid, I still found myself wanting something to 'happen'. Something sparkling, or dark, or special.

thanks for sharing.

mschuster
04-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Wonderful as usual! Really love the videos you do with this artist. I believe you posted one or two in the past? Nice touches. Love the cutaway acoustic - and both the Beatles bass and the standup! Dig the kit too! lol..

As for the website! WOW! TOP NOTCH Hugo. As a poor slob who's been trying to design and code mine own now for 10 or more years - I'm envious! Very PRO looking - for a very PRO artist!

mark

mschnell
04-19-2016, 11:56 AM
Perfect sound ! And great performance.

Interesting for me:

Language is in Portuguese.

I also do live recording of my band and I work with a Brazilian singer, who of course sings in Portuguese language (and English). Different kind of music, but similar instruments (Singer, E- and Double Bass, Guitar, Sax, Drums <plus myself at the keyboards>), and of course using Reaper.

While I (being German) don't understand a word of the Portuguese texts, Bruno's pronunciation to me sounds like a completely different language than that my singer's. What dialect is this (she is "Rio" )?

-Michael

sammydix
04-19-2016, 06:46 PM
Is this the same group you recorded a while back? I remember a similar style from a few months ago.
I really like the "tone" of the recordings. Got sort of an intimate feel, no flash, just the music and musicianship. Vocals are standout.

HugoRibeiroDotCom
04-20-2016, 05:31 AM
Hugo. I found the two songs to be enjoyable as performances and technically superb as recordings.

The songs themselves, however, don't have enough 'there' there to justify the 4-5 minutes of stretching out. Although all the musicians were skilled, although the sound was perfectly mixed and balanced, although the singer was great and the arrangement was solid, I still found myself wanting something to 'happen'. Something sparkling, or dark, or special.

thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback!!! :)
Well, its the songwriters ideas and since he's "THE" artist and its his show, he's the boss! :D

Wonderful as usual! Really love the videos you do with this artist. I believe you posted one or two in the past? Nice touches. Love the cutaway acoustic - and both the Beatles bass and the standup! Dig the kit too! lol..

As for the website! WOW! TOP NOTCH Hugo. As a poor slob who's been trying to design and code mine own now for 10 or more years - I'm envious! Very PRO looking - for a very PRO artist!

mark

Thanks so much Mark!!! :)
As for the website, yeah, its my first real "pro" looking website! :)

Perfect sound ! And great performance.

Interesting for me:

I also do live recording of my band and I work with a Brazilian singer, who of course sings in Portuguese language (and English). Different kind of music, but similar instruments (Singer, E- and Double Bass, Guitar, Sax, Drums <plus myself at the keyboards>), and of course using Reaper.

While I (being German) don't understand a word of the Portuguese texts, Bruno's pronunciation to me sounds like a completely different language than that my singer's. What dialect is this (she is "Rio" )?

-Michael

Thanks so much!!
Well, we are from Portugal so the accent is different. Its the same language as in Brazil but with different accents and some other minor differences.
Its like English from the UK and American English. Same concept. ;)

Is this the same group you recorded a while back? I remember a similar style from a few months ago.
I really like the "tone" of the recordings. Got sort of an intimate feel, no flash, just the music and musicianship. Vocals are standout.

Thanks Sammy!!
It might be.. I record a lot of stuff! :) But for the Bruno Pato recordings before, he recorded everything except the drums(me). This is just the live band.

cheers guys!

HugoRibeiroDotCom
04-30-2016, 01:00 PM
Just posted the last 3 videos "Mais Vale Tarde", "Abraça-me Sempre" and "Um Velho Idiota" in the 1st post.

cheers