PDA

View Full Version : Alternative post-punk song with a message

Punk Duck
05-23-2016, 05:59 AM
https://youtu.be/3_HOTMWdE-w

This is the latest song I've been working on.

I used Reaper to as a compositional device, laying down a fuzz bass line and then building a song around that.

Then I added some guitars double tracked, a bunch of virtual synths, my favorite being the humble Charlatan, with a bit of Valhalla reverb.

There's some drum samples on there.

The vocal has quite a lot going on, ReaComp, ReEq, Ozzifier, Valhalla Vintage verb and Freq Echo. Oh and bit of distortion too!

Anyway hope you can listen and make a comment. It's just about done IMO, but just needs a couple of tweeks.

Cheers.
PD

mschuster
05-23-2016, 04:17 PM
i know nothing about "alternative post-punk" but enjoyed this quite a bit! appreciated the musicianship and effort/creativity that went into it! Keep it up!

Punk Duck
05-24-2016, 12:03 AM
i know nothing about "alternative post-punk" but enjoyed this quite a bit! appreciated the musicianship and effort/creativity that went into it! Keep it up!

I never know how to describe my music. 😃😃

Thanks for your kind words.

haervo
05-24-2016, 01:00 AM
At 1:30 Bowie/Pop with "Low" came to my mind. And thats a good thing.

All in all I find this excellent. Creative, partly new combinations of well put sounds, good drive and fresh approach.

Well done! Congratulations! :D

zeekat
05-24-2016, 08:37 AM
This is superb, great production (love that little chord stab in the right ear) and performance. Killer all around!

Punk Duck
05-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Haervo, Zeecat,

Thanks for your comments, I'm very encouraged that you like it.

I'm going to make a couple of tweeks, but not much, before I move on to the rest of my EP.

😊