PDA

View Full Version : Titan (Prog metal)

Caelumamittendum
06-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Htbgn76Y4LQ

In my usual style. Perhaps a bit more disjointed this time, and it's not my best work, but at least it's something.

Let me know what you think :)

sammydix
06-04-2016, 07:08 AM
I get a playback error:
"An error occurred, please try again later."

Caelumamittendum
06-04-2016, 10:54 AM
I get a playback error:
"An error occurred, please try again later."

That's weird. It seems to link to another video.

Try this: https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/titan-demo-002

sammydix
06-04-2016, 12:20 PM
The song itself is quite fine to me, but the mix as a whole sounds muffly.

richie43
06-04-2016, 12:32 PM
I partially agree with Sammy.....Great enough song, but for my tastes the drums specifically lack some "OOOMPH".

I have to ask, do you listen to Coheed and Cambria? It doesn't "sound like" them to me, but it sounds like that you might listen to them....just a wild guess.

Caelumamittendum
06-04-2016, 12:45 PM
I partially agree with Sammy.....Great enough song, but for my tastes the drums specifically lack some "OOOMPH".

I have to ask, do you listen to Coheed and Cambria? It doesn't "sound like" them to me, but it sounds like that you might listen to them....just a wild guess.

I actually have an album with them that I bought in a second hand shop, but I've only heard it once.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree on the mix part, hopefully I can fix that soon.

richie43
06-04-2016, 12:51 PM
I actually have an album with them that I bought in a second hand shop, but I've only heard it once.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree on the mix part, hopefully I can fix that soon.

Cool song though! Great arrangement.

onemanconceptalbum
06-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Awesome tune.

Balance wise, keeping guitars and synths constant, I'd turn down the bass guitar (which is a bit wooly?) and try and make the drums sound a bit more present and natural. The piano that comes in after a while could do with a bit more definition. Picked overdriven guitar bit was honky in a very, very good way!! Loved that. Fuzz guitars might do with slightly less of the same, I dunno might be a preference thing too. In general, very enjoyable - ended a bit abruptly.

What synths are you using? I absolutely loved these sounds.

Caelumamittendum
06-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Awesome tune.

Balance wise, keeping guitars and synths constant, I'd turn down the bass guitar (which is a bit wooly?) and try and make the drums sound a bit more present and natural. The piano that comes in after a while could do with a bit more definition. Picked overdriven guitar bit was honky in a very, very good way!! Loved that. Fuzz guitars might do with slightly less of the same, I dunno might be a preference thing too. In general, very enjoyable - ended a bit abruptly.

What synths are you using? I absolutely loved these sounds.

Thanks for the awesome feedback :) I'll take it with me into mixing it better.

Do you mean the synth in the end or some of the more ambient stuff? It's from Goliath by East West. Got their subscription thingie going on, which I'm very happy with. The solo at the end is Arturia Jupiter, I believe it's called. Off the top of my head. It's a bit 8-bit sounding, and I would like it to be more Dream Theater esque perhaps, but I don't know how to get a good synth lead sound.

HugoRibeiroDotCom
06-06-2016, 05:18 AM
This is one of my favorite styles of music. the song is great. I do agree that the mix is a bit bassy. Other than that. Great job!

cheers

Caelumamittendum
06-06-2016, 05:56 AM
This is one of my favorite styles of music. the song is great. I do agree that the mix is a bit bassy. Other than that. Great job!

cheers

Thanks! Means a lot :) I'll try and work on the mix a bit more.