PDA

View Full Version : A remix of "Wooden Hands" by Toy, another Forum member [Deep house]

marcel mono
06-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Here's a remix i did of "Wooden Hands" by Toy ( here known as OPI )

Link to my Remix:
https://soundcloud.com/marcelmono/toy-wooden-hands-marcel-mono-remix

You can find the original here:
https://soundcloud.com/toy-gun/wooden-hands-v4-1

I had much fun working with the material he gave me, i hope you enjoy the result!

Feedback is much appreciated, as i'm always trying to improve my skills :)

Cheers!

jason_442
06-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Wow dude, you did great work! Nice flow in your composition. Mix is smooth and clear too.

marcel mono
06-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Wow dude, you did great work! Nice flow in your composition. Mix is smooth and clear too.

That's a lot of praise - I'm glad you like it! Thank you for your kind words :)

Cheers!

PS: Thank you very much for your follow on soundcloud!

msore
06-09-2016, 02:15 PM
The deep/mono version stripped the life and mystery out of the original, reducing broad and evolving dynamics to simple repetition.

sammydix
06-09-2016, 03:07 PM
I agree with msore on this, though a stereo version would at least take it up a notch for me. Any specific reason you chose mono, or was it just a creative choice (so no explanation needed)?

OPI's version gave me textures, this one gave me dance, so I guess it's a matter of general taste of the listener.

marcel mono
06-09-2016, 03:39 PM
The deep/mono version stripped the life and mystery out of the original, reducing broad and evolving dynamics to simple repetition.

I appreciate that you took the time to listen to it! Repetition, relative simple elements (can be more complex, too) and well thought out variations are kinda the trademarks of electronic music like house and techno. If you found my track repetitive, you should listen to some old acid techno tracks! But, everyone has different tastes i guess :)

I agree with msore on this, though a stereo version would at least take it up a notch for me. Any specific reason you chose mono, or was it just a creative choice (so no explanation needed)?

OPI's version gave me textures, this one gave me dance, so I guess it's a matter of general taste of the listener.

I fear there is a misconception here; the track is definitely in stereo/has width. i even checked that i did not accidentally left the mono switch on in reaper!

The "Mono" is referring to my artist name, "Marcel Mono". I am 100% deaf on my left ear, i only hear the world in mono; hence the name and the small broken speaker symbol in my logo.

This is why i tend to keep things more on the narrow side, since i only can reference stereo information so far. But my tracks are definitely anything but mono :)

OPI
07-05-2016, 10:55 PM
Forgot to comment on this :) job well done. As a dance track it does its job well!