PDA

View Full Version : Durangle Durangle - We Wont Rock You

maxdembo
06-29-2016, 03:07 PM
https://soundcloud.com/ear/durangle-durangle-we-wont-rock-you/s-mXdmb

Im kinda stuck, apart from adding some guitar in the left channel to compliment the keys that come in at 50 secs.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Good/bad/indifferent, suggestions, anything? :)

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and to maybe have a listen :)

hamish
06-29-2016, 06:00 PM
That Rocks! Just that crash cymbal in the right channel was a bit (grain of salt here) too assertive, to the point of being painful.

maxdembo
06-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Now its been pointed out, totally agree about the crash. I didnt notice but its also HUGE in the waveform, louder than most other things and no need for it!

I shall tame it!

Thanks!

jason_442
06-30-2016, 08:27 AM
This is good, I really like at 1:02. I don't know what synth that is but its sounds awesome. Love the bass line and the beat is trip-hop reggae-ish, and who doesn't love Freddie Mercury's vocals?

zeekat
06-30-2016, 09:09 AM
Very pleasant bit of dub!

maxdembo
06-30-2016, 03:11 PM
Thanks folks!

@jason_442, at 1.02, thats one Mister Brian May on his guitar and the panning noise thing that pans back and forth is that same Brian May sample put through (wait for it)...

I cant quite remember the order this went in but it was something like this -

Plug and Mix TremoloPan
Waves API 2500
AutoTune
ReaGate
Waves Vintage Exciter
Sonic Charge Bitspeek
Glitch2
EQuality
Waves Maserati GTi
ReaGate

And at some point it got pitched down 4 octaves (!)

That got rendered and put onto two tracks, one EQ'd so it was just the lower end of the EQ spectrum, and the other got pitched up an octave and EQ's just for the upper frequencies. The upper pitched track then had some fx applied...

EQuality
AutoTune
TRacks Black 76
EQuality
Waves J37
TRacks White 2A
Frostbite
ReaGate
SPL TwinTube

The lower pitched track has some more fx...

EQuality
AutoTune
TRacks Black 76
Waves J37
TRacks White 2a

That all got rendered into one file and then got the following treatment...

Waves AudioTrack
AutoTune

Along the way, the file kept getting streched and played with, stretch markers added, quantized by hand.

And then the usual fx sends of some delay, reverb, but also a send of Plug and Mix's TremoloPan with PSP's L'otary after it.

Its all just a process of pissing around, there was no rhyme or reason to it all. Its just playing to see if I like some software, see what the end result might be. I really like taking old film samples and doing a similar process on them. And I love using the totally maligned and completely overused modern horror of autotune to make something insane/stupid/noisy along the way, to break things rather than fix them, or to add some musicality to something I've already broken to see if theres a hint of a melody in there that I can maybe record on another instrument.

Y'know, having fun :D

EDIT: I havent finished with it yet :) Next step is some more fine tuning both its melody and its timing, and then seeing if i can play something along with it to accent its hinted at melody and compliment/make up for its knackered frequency range :)

zeekat
07-01-2016, 07:38 AM
This is lot of processing power spent to desecrate the classic. I support that!

maxdembo
07-01-2016, 12:53 PM
This is lot of processing power spent to desecrate the classic. I support that!

Yeah man!

No sacred cows!

sammydix
07-01-2016, 05:19 PM
You just eeeeease into this and enjoy the ride.

maxdembo
07-01-2016, 11:13 PM
You just eeeeease into this and enjoy the ride.

I hope thats a good thing? :D

sammydix
07-02-2016, 08:00 AM
How can it be interpreted as not good?

maxdembo
07-02-2016, 01:21 PM
How can it be interpreted as not good?

I'm just being a silly man, no harm meant :)

maxdembo
07-26-2016, 06:23 PM
To continue my current trend of trying to get demo tracks to an RC status of my own liking...

I've been working on adding a bunch of guitar to this track and programming drums. Think I might be nearly done.

Any one got any problems they can hear with this?

https://soundcloud.com/ear/durangle-wont-dub-you