PDA

View Full Version : Drum session I did for Polish artist Jacek Książek

HugoRibeiroDotCom
07-26-2016, 03:02 PM
I dig the whole production. Its sung in Polish which I don't understand but the song captivated me.

https://soundcloud.com/mrung/podwojny-sen

cheers

maxdembo
07-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Agreed.

The drums sound great too ;)

sammydix
07-27-2016, 09:08 AM
I'd recognize that style anywhere. Did you do the mix?

kindafishy
07-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Classy and tasteful playing Hugo. Love the hat and ride work in particular. Intro roll is sweet (reminds me of Sean Kinny). Super cool.

HugoRibeiroDotCom
07-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Agreed.

The drums sound great too ;)

Thanks! ;)

I'd recognize that style anywhere. Did you do the mix?

Nope. I just recorded the drums. What do you mean you'd recognise that style anywhere?

Classy and tasteful playing Hugo. Love the hat and ride work in particular. Intro roll is sweet (reminds me of Sean Kinny). Super cool.

Thanks man! :) Appreciate it! Always loved Alice In Chains.

cheers guys!

sammydix
07-28-2016, 07:00 PM
I mean the way you play. Like Kevin said about the ride work. Most good drummers have that little "something" they do that's sometimes recognizable.

mschuster
07-29-2016, 11:51 AM
Great as always Hugo! And yea - great song... I'm listening on some cheap laptop speakers - but sounds really good.

Love your playing! I'm getting a heavy Queensryche vibe. "Operation Mindcrime" specific - from both the song composition and your playing!

Nice - thanks for sharing!

HugoRibeiroDotCom
07-30-2016, 04:19 AM
I mean the way you play. Like Kevin said about the ride work. Most good drummers have that little "something" they do that's sometimes recognizable.

awww.. thanks Sammy! Means a lot!! :)

Great as always Hugo! And yea - great song... I'm listening on some cheap laptop speakers - but sounds really good.

Love your playing! I'm getting a heavy Queensryche vibe. "Operation Mindcrime" specific - from both the song composition and your playing!

Nice - thanks for sharing!

Thank you Mark! I'm always humbled by your kind words. :)
But yeah, I had a bit more freedom on this one to do some more fancy stuff! :D

Timothy Lawler
07-31-2016, 10:08 PM
Artistic drum work. Nice to hear, Hugo.

Judders
08-01-2016, 07:20 AM
Sounds great! Really tight fills, not rushed at all, and the playing and sound fit the production perfectly.

Colour me impressed :)

HugoRibeiroDotCom
08-02-2016, 06:31 AM
Artistic drum work. Nice to hear, Hugo.

Sounds great! Really tight fills, not rushed at all, and the playing and sound fit the production perfectly.

Colour me impressed :)

Thanks guys!!! :)

cheers