PDA

View Full Version : Minimizing to systray

verrei
09-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Hi there,
I'm just a newbe so sorry for this silly question: how to minimize the log window to system tray? I'd be very grateful for the answer :)

Liko
01-10-2017, 05:53 PM
This is probably a bit late, but as of 0.3, you just click the Close button instead of the Quit button. You must use the quit button to exit OSCII-bot completely, but you can click close and it minimizes to the tray, leaving any script/graphics windows running, then double click the tray icon to get the log window back.

verrei
01-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Hi Liko,
Indeed, too late ;) But thanks a lot for your reply.
Shortly after asking my question I realized that I misunderstood the idea of minimizing this app. I connected Behringer's X-Touch Mini controller to X-Air 12 mixer, but I needed to run OSCII minimized to systray automatically during the computer startup. Additional Oscii window would distract unskilled operators, so I thought I could just add some kind of switch i.e. oscii-bot.exe /minimized (or so).
Eventually I turned to my always-trusted and reliable nircmd http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html This tiny utility is also very powerful and very impressive, amongst a lot of functions it has ability to hide almost every application window. In my case 'nircmd.exe exec hide "c:\...\OSCII-bot.exe"' works perfectly.
Thanks&take care :)

kizza42
02-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Hey verrei, Would you mind sharing your config for talking to the XR12 please? I'm thinking I want to use this plus a BCF2000 to work with an XR18

verrei
02-24-2017, 04:50 AM
Hey verrei, Would you mind sharing your config for talking to the XR12 please? I'm thinking I want to use this plus a BCF2000 to work with an XR18

Hi Kizza,
Here it is. Since my XR12 7&8 channels are paired, X-Touch Mini controls channel 8 only (1-6 & 8)

mschnell
11-05-2017, 04:04 PM
I connected Behringer's X-Touch Mini controller to X-Air 12 mixer,

Great !

I, too, want to connect an XR(18) to an X-Touch(Compact).

Can you provide some help on how to detect the XR and register with it to have it send out it's state ?

(see -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=199188 )

[Edit]
I d/lded your script and will try to understand it. Thanks for sharing !

Thanks,
-Michael