PDA

View Full Version : Self-Duet using REAPER video

Fran Guidry
10-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Here's a quick little sample of a self-duet video. The only redeeming characteristic of this piece is that the editing of the video was done in REAPER, using the Version 5 video processor as the magic ingredient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ftRg2HAT0

I also put together a tutorial demonstrating the editing process, but I must admit I used my main NLE to assemble this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNhzJoHGuUo

Fran

Wolffman
10-05-2016, 03:08 AM
Huge thank you for doing this video tutorial, brilliant.

And a very nice little instrumental tune to go with it :D

Cheers

mschuster
10-05-2016, 09:21 AM
very cool! Thanks for sharing that Fran!

Bass6
10-05-2016, 10:02 AM
That's fantastic Fran. As a newcomer to Reaper I had no idea you could do that kind of thing.
Thanks for posting this - love the t-shirt BTW, v. cool!

Fran Guidry
10-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Huge thank you for doing this video tutorial, brilliant.

And a very nice little instrumental tune to go with it :D

Cheers

Thanks, "Salomila" is a Hawaiian slack key classic instrumental, a slightly raunchy party song, and an intriguing musicological puzzle with threads from the Caribbean and Tahiti feeding into the Hawaiian version. Over the years I've made it my default demo tune for my Homebrewed Music projects.

Fran

Fran Guidry
10-05-2016, 01:03 PM
very cool! Thanks for sharing that Fran!

My pleasure, hope you have fun with it.

Fran

Fran Guidry
10-05-2016, 01:07 PM
That's fantastic Fran. As a newcomer to Reaper I had no idea you could do that kind of thing.
Thanks for posting this - love the t-shirt BTW, v. cool!

The t shirt is a design that folks in Hawai`i immediately associate with Hilo, the sleepy little town on the east coast of Hawai`i Island. I stumbled over one while visiting O`ahu, tracked down the maker and bought a couple more, then lost touch with him. Stumbled over him again 10 years later and now my wardrobe consists of a half-dozen of his designs.

I wasn't sure that REAPER had the tools I needed, but when I started poking around in the video processor I found a lot of tricks hidden by that rather techie user interface.

Fran

Cosmic
10-05-2016, 04:25 PM
That is A W E S O M E !!

zacki
10-06-2016, 02:45 AM
Thanks for sharing :) It's in indeed entertaining. REAPER rules!

Iain
10-06-2016, 03:37 AM
Thanks Fran. That looks a lot of fun

Fran Guidry
10-07-2016, 12:05 PM
That is A W E S O M E !!

Thanks a lot, I might call it mildly amusing though. If I'd practiced a bit more and gotten the time a little tighter and played a few more variations and had a bass player and a line of dancers I would consider claiming awesome (grin).

Thanks for sharing :) It's in indeed entertaining. REAPER rules!

You're certainly welcome, and I agree about ruling. Several folks at the guitar forum I visit were quite surprised by the power of REAPER.

Thanks Fran. That looks a lot of fun

It seriously is some fun, especially now that HD video cameras are sitting in many people's pockets and REAPER makes it so easy to play with video.

Fran

wolfdogg
10-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Had no idea Reaper could do that. Must try! Thanks, Fran!